PDA

View Full Version : Sertraline sides

fruitcake
26-10-06, 18:23
Hello I'm new, I have suffered with GAD/Depression for a while now and the GP gave me Sertraline Monday. I just have a few questions that I wonder if anyone can help with from experience please.

1. I have a number of the side effects listed how long will they last roughly?

2. I am finding it very difficult to ejaculate will this be the case for the whole time I am using Sertraline or will things go back to normal when my body adjusts to the drug?

3. Can I still use the occasional Diazepam to help relax while waiting for the Sertraline to kick in?

I am taking 50mgs of Sertraline a day.

Thanks for reading.

fruitcake
28-10-06, 07:18
26 views on my post and not one person can help? Sertraline is a common med, surley someone can advise?

taffysteve
28-10-06, 17:10
Hiya Fruitcake - I am on Sertraline myself so hopefully will be able to give you some advice.

When I first started taking them the initial side effects lasted around one week - not too long in my opinion given the eventual benefit you will feel.

The sexual side effects will most definitely pass in no time at all. Honest!

As for the diazepam, only your doctor can advise you of this, but I was recently prescribed some to accompany my sertraline - so i would have thought that would be ok.

Hope this helps and feel free to PM or post again if you have any more questions.

All the best

Steve

***And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance... I hope you dance***

fruitcake
28-10-06, 17:36
Thanks mate.