PDA

View Full Version : Emetophobia - teaching in a school

anna85
25-09-13, 17:34
Hi, I'm new to this forum.

I've been teaching in a secondary school for two years. I have been back two weeks into the school year and it seems like a sickness bug has taken the school by storm.

I had a panic attack at school today because several of my students were talking about having had the bug over the last few days. Also some of them were a bit shaken as he'd seen a boy throw up in a previous lesson.

No-one has thrown up in my lesson yet but I am terrified that this is going to happen. I'm also terrified that I will catch the bug.

I don't know what to do. I really don't think I can face going back into school tomorrow. I'm way too scared. I don't know what to do! Should I take a couple of days off?

Angelai
03-10-13, 20:21
Wow, I can't believe you didn't run out as soon as you heard about the bug! That takes some determination :hugs:

What I should say is that as long as you follow strict hygiene rules and aren't right next to someone when they are actually ill, you will be fine. What my mind is saying is get out of there hunny!

This is a terrible phobia, I really feel for you. If it's too much for you to bear, take some time off - ask your doctor to sign you off if necessary. This is a very real terror for you, don't feel that you have to just 'get on with it' xxx