PDA

View Full Version : Doc wants liver tests... Scared :(

roady
26-09-13, 01:05
My doctor called me today and wants me to go in for some liver tests based on my symptoms. I read some things online and I am feeling worried and upset. I am only 26, but I do have a lot of the symptoms of liver problems. I don't drink anymore, but I did fairly oftem in university. *sigh* I know I should just wait until I get the test results back, but I can't help worrying. :(

Speranza
26-09-13, 09:12
Did you drink a lot more than your friends, do you mean?

Well - you have stopped, and livers can recover from a lot of abuse... so there is plenty of hope. Good luck to you! x

BumbleGirl
26-09-13, 09:16
Hello, I agree with Speranza. Livers will heal themselves extremely well. My brother was an alcoholic for years. He had slight liver damage and now he's not been drinking for 3 years his liver is fine so whatever it is, is unlikely to be because of your drinking at uni. Hopefully its nothing. Drs just like to be cautious xxx

roady
26-09-13, 19:59
Thanks Speranza and BumbleGirl, I appreciate it. I drank quite a bit in my third year especially, but that was years ago now. I am feeling better today, and just being thankful for my thoughtful doc. Hopeful for good results! Thanks again xx

MilaHurricanes
27-09-13, 05:57
Don't worry! I've had to go through liver panels while I was on heavy ADHD meds, none ever came back bad... :P ADHD meds are worse on a liver, especially when you're taking them from age 7 and on!

As for drinking, I'm sure you'll be okay, livers are the most miraculous things... From what I've heard. I wish you well and hope all is good.