PDA

View Full Version : BAD time of it

malc38
06-07-04, 15:39
Hi everyone,
Just when you think things are going ok all the old doubts and problems creep back and give you a slap in the face[V]. The last few weeks for me seem as bad as any from last year when i was at my worst, i know its only a blip ( i hope ) i keep telling myself that, but do i really believe that!. I dont know if anyone else feels like this but i am starting to feel like i will never recover, i just want to enjoy life and not to be looking over my shoulder and waiting for the next attack. Sorry to go on but i just needed to let off some steam![:I] maybe in a week or two i'll be able to laugh at this! i just feel quite low at the moment.

hope everyones ok

take care
malc

Laurie28
06-07-04, 16:16
Malc,

Boy do I understand what you are going through!!!

I wrote a post a while back titled 'One step forward, two Steps Backwards' basically saying what you have said, everything is going fine , then BAM you are back to to square one and feel so bad.

It is just a glitchplease believe me and we all go through them. the amount of people who replied to my post was quite unbelievable as we all felt the same way.

I believe Meg has a graph showing all the peaks and troughs of anxiety.

You will get better keep on believing in yourself and take care

Love
Lucky

Meg
06-07-04, 16:29
Hi Malc,

It feel so bad I know but treat it as a blip and it will be one.

It is rare to really go back to Square 1 without a new trauma or something tp push those buttons..This is because initially you didn't know what was wrong with you , you thought each sensation may be your last and that you might be going mad, lose control and so forth but now you have knowledge and know that this is not ever going to happen.

It is at times like this when you have to dig deep into your internal resources and JFDI to get through one challenging thing to prove you can do it.

Use distraction initially to get some relief and then use thought replacement to build on it .

Also what can you learn from this blip- what started it off , did you fuel it by dwelling on it , did you avoid anything because of it ....

It is grim at the time but it is a plateau for your next hike up a notch.

Meg

Anxiety is a thin stream of fear trickling through the mind.
If encouraged, it cuts a channel into which all other thoughts are drained.
Robert Albert Bloch

seh1980
06-07-04, 18:22
hello there,
I've felt exactly the same way many times before!! Don't worry, it will go away eventually...maybe you could try setting yourself really small targets each day and that way, each night when you go to bed you'll feel like you've made progress in the right direction...
Sarah (seh1980)

nomorepanic
06-07-04, 21:49
Hi Malc

Sorry to hear that you are having a bad time. I had a set-back a few months ago - horrid isn't it.

I am back on track now but it did hit me and I was very miserable and depressed.

All we can do is pick ourselves up and go on and remember that lovely feeling when we are well.

Do you know what caused it? Were you more tired than normal or has something upset you.

I hope you can get back on track very soon again.

If you keep a diary then read back on how good you felt before this blip and know that you can be there again.

Take care.

Nicola

paul
07-07-04, 00:35
hello malc

im very up and down at the moment,and i know exactly how you feel.it feels like im all over the place.

hopefully things will pick up for you and its ok to let off steam,i need to do that more often myself .anyway all the best

paul

malc38
07-07-04, 09:28
Hi, A big thanks to everyone who replied, reading your messages of support has really made me feel a hell of a lot better! thank you[:I]. I have been feeling really run down of late which i suppose hasnt helped and to answer Meg i do tend to dwell on things too much for my own good i wish i didnt but i do. Hope you all have a good day today.

take care
malc

HB
07-07-04, 13:05
GOsh, i know what you mean, last year i got myself through all of my panic and anxiety etc etc and now, im back to square one but once you have done it once, remember you can do it again and what i think is one time when you do it it wil be permanant. Kaap trying malc

Let us know how you get on

H

malc38
07-07-04, 16:40
Thanks for your encouraging words Helen[8D] today has been quite good so far ( dont want to tempt fate ). Hope your having a good day.

take care
malc

HB
07-07-04, 19:01
i've had a fab day thankyou. Went to see my therapist and we had a walk around the wards whch has always been a big fear of mine and things seem to be getting on the right tracks, hope the same happens with you!! good luck, got everything crossed! xxx

H

carlin
07-07-04, 19:14
Hi Malc, sorry you are feeling so bad, could have written this myself, hvae had the worst few weeks ever, am due to go on holls next friday, can hardly get out of the door let alone a family holiday to minorca - it is so much like hard work and feels like one huge battle

malc38
08-07-04, 09:19
Hi Carlin
I know what you mean! ive got a couple of holidays comming up and a couple of weddings and im starting to worry about the lot of them! Im not going to let the worry turn into panic this time because im determined to enjoy myself whatever happens:D

take care and i really hope you have a great holiday[8D] i'll keep my fingers crossed for you

malc

lainey
08-07-04, 10:22
Hi Malc

I know exactly how u are feeling, I was in the same position 2 weeks agoand thought i was never going to feel normal again. I went to visit the GP who has referred me to a therapist as I am reluctant to take prescribed medication. Anyway since I visited the GP I have been feeling a lot better - more good days than bad and very few physical symptoms, so when the therapist rang me yesterday to arrange an appt I felt really guilty that I shouldn't be going as I am feeling so much better, she assured me that she will be the judge of that !! So i see her next Wednesday.. Think of this as a blip and keep positiveand tell yourself YOU WILL FEEL BETTER TOMORROW.

Look aftr yourself.

Keep in touch.

Elaine xxx:D:D:D

Meg
08-07-04, 15:36
Malc,

'Meg i do tend to dwell on things too much for my own good i wish i didnt but i do.'

It is possible to teach yourself an alternative way if you should want to . Not an overnight solution but with time and effort ..

Lainey - glad you're doing better..

Helen- Good for you - you're doing so well with your fears .

Practice makes progress..

Meg

Robert Albert Bloch

grace
08-07-04, 18:44
hi malc,
sorry your having a bad time, we all have these at some point or another, but you can get past it, you've done it before so you can do it now.
hope your having a good day today...

xxx grace

EMMA
09-07-04, 15:21
Hi Malc,

Sorry you're not feeling so good. I have good and bad days.

I suffered this 3 years ago and hadn't a clue what was going on but once I got to the root of the problem and got medical help and counselling I was soon back to my normal self.

I knew I was heading for it this time round as I could feel the symptoms coming back. I knew the cause of it and it boils down to stress and taking on too much....college/wedding/new job/exams all happening at the same time. I never gave my self time to relax which is why I'm back in this situation again. Luckily I have taken steps to make sure I recover quickly but I am like you and tend to dwell on things. Like at the moment I have only been at my new job 2 days and now I've been signed off for a week. It is worrying me to death that I will never work again. But I know I have to be strong and not let it get the better of me. Hopefully next week I will be laughing it off and back at work.

You need to make time to look after yourself which will help you to feel better. Today I have been for a de-stress massage and a facial, I've taken the dog a walk and I've done some meditation with aromatherapy oils burning. I feel a lot calmer at the moment. I'm going out with some friends tonight too which I'm looking forward to.

Try and make time to relax and spend time with your friends. This will help you to stop dwelling on things. If I am on my own I am terrible and my mind goes into overdrive.

Take care and I hope you feel better soon.

Em xx

malc38
09-07-04, 16:09
Hi people,
Emma, Lainey, Grace and Meg, thanks a lot for the kind words of encouragement and advice they have meant a lot this week. Things are if i dare say looking a whole lot brighter than they were at the begining of the week mainly due to getting some exercise and more positive thinking. Someone posted a message somewhere going on about giving a name or face to your panic/anxiety, i did this with a school bully from my childhood and so far it has worked well:D. Anway i have the weekend off so im looking forward to just chilling out. Hope everyones ok and doing well

take care
malc

EMMA
09-07-04, 16:13
Glad you're sounding better. You look after yourself over the weekend and relax. I know it's hard work but it will get better. That's what I keep telling myself anyway.

Take care
Emma x

Meg
09-07-04, 16:19
So it was a blip Malc...

Exercise and rational/positive thinking are so helpful and I can confirm Emma that yes it does get better and yes, it is ****** hard work - but worth it !

Meg

Robert Albert Bloch

EMMA
13-07-04, 10:59
Hi Malc,

Hope your weekend was good and you relaxed.

I went to my future in-laws for Sunday dinner and had a right laugh. My fiance's dad is a right scream. Just the tonic I needed.

Had a night out round a friends house for my 2nd hen night. Had good time till I got really drunk and started crying! Don't think you're supposed to consume that much alcohol when on anti-depressants. Needless to say I am feeling a lot better this week. Still off work but go back Friday. Not feeling so anxious about it now. Think the tablets are working finally. I have been looking after myself though. I've bought some aromatherapy oils and have them burning all the time. I highly recommend them. When I go out I have a few drops of rescue remedy.

Sorry for waffling on but just wanted to let you know that things get better. And just hoped you had a good weekend too.

Take care

Emma xx

malc38
13-07-04, 11:53
Hi Emma,
Thanks a lot for your message, im so glad you are feeling a lot better:D. My weekend was good thanks, saturday was a bit rushed as we went shopping and then nipped in to see my partners relations which was nice as theres a big family wedding comming up. Sunday my partner took part in the race for life so i was left at home for most of the day so i just chilled out. Just out of interest what aromatherpy oils do you recomend? i might give it a go myself.

take care
malc

EMMA
13-07-04, 12:05
Found a brilliant little shop in the town where I live called Aroma Care.

I bought one for relaxtion in the evening and it's got clary sage, lavender and ylang ylang. Then for the day I've got a mental stimulant one which contains basil, lemon and rosemary. Those three are supposed to be good for depression, stress and anxiety. I just have them burning on an oil burner. Makes the house smell nice anyway!

Glad you had a good weekend. You sound more positive today. I'm off to meet my friend for lunch now.

Take care

Emma x

lainey
15-07-04, 10:10
Hi Malc

Glad to hear you're feeling better, positive thinking really works once you get your head round thinking that way, if that makes any sense !!!
I know it's certainly helped me.

Take care
Hope u have a good weekend

Elaine xxx

malc38
15-07-04, 14:19
Hi Elaine,
Thanks for the message, things are still a bit up and down as its a bit hard to retrain your way of thinking that quickly:D, but im determined to do it. Hope things are ok with you!

take care
malc