PDA

View Full Version : Overcoming Another Fear!

meche
26-09-13, 15:07
Having just overcome my fear of the dentist I was today confronted with another one of my fears...... public speaking. I was at a seminar this morning about Business & Small Claim/Court procedures & at the beginning we were made to stand up and say who we were, what our role was within our business and to tell a little bit about ourselves! Now I like to think I'm a fairly social & confident person but when it comes to standing up and being the centre of attention......:scared15:! There were about 50 people in the room and the way the room was worked, made me last to speak! What made it worse was that everyone else seemed so sure of themselves and not in the least bit bothered by it. I could feel my heart racing and I felt slightly sick. How I did it, I don't know! I can't even remember what I said! Now, had I known I had to do that before I went, I would have tried my hardest to get out of it. Luckily I didn't have long to dwell or feel the fear so in a way it was a blessing in disguise. Phew! I don't have many fears left now so hoping I won't be put in another situation anytime soon :wacko:!!! xx

suki300
26-09-13, 15:48
I can bet you there were a lot of people who felt the same as you in that room - they were hiding it though :)

Tessar
26-09-13, 17:07
I am very impressed with your accomplishment... Well done!!!!

---------- Post added at 17:07 ---------- Previous post was at 17:07 ----------

Oh and I agree with suki about there being other people in the room feeling the same but hiding it!!

almamatters
26-09-13, 18:06
Well done Michelle!! Like the other posts have said, I don't think there are many people who are not worried about public speaking. You should be very proud of yourself. xxxx

Annie0904
26-09-13, 19:42
Well done Meche :yahoo: and what every one said about everyone else :D

AuntieMoosie
27-09-13, 03:34
You did brilliantly Meche :yesyes:

:hugs: :bighug1: :hugs: