PDA

View Full Version : Memory blanks

Shivmarie
26-09-13, 19:17
Ugh I keep getting memory blanks,short term mainly. Like I go to search something and forget what I'm searching, silly things. It's just come on my head feels full too which is not letting me focus. I've had a drunk spaced out feeling for over a week where I feel like I'm on a boat so it's getting me down now x

xvolatileheart
26-09-13, 21:59
I'm feeling this way at the moment, too. I've always been so organised and on top of things so I hate feeling out of control! I can't keep track of anything anymore, it's awful.

Barnabas75
26-09-13, 22:10
I can also relate to this at the moment.I almost forgot what I was going to say....sheesh....

MRS STRESS ED
26-09-13, 22:23
yeah I to get this ,sometimes I try to talk and it just wont come out ,and by the time I got myself together I can't remember what I wanted to say its so frustrating ,happens to me all the time arghhhhhh :weep:

Speranza
27-09-13, 00:38
Stress.

My daughters came up with a wonderful name for that feeling when you can amlost SEE the blooming words spinning away from you! The THORTEX...

AuntieMoosie
27-09-13, 03:03
My short term memory is naff!! :winks:

I can be right in the middle of a sentence, go brain dead, and completely forget what the heck I'm talking about!! :wacko:

I'm not sure if it's anxiety, stress, the medication or what, but it's a right pain, the most embarrassing moment I've had was when the receptionist as my doctors surgery asked me for me address...............and..............I couldn't remember for the life of me!!!!!! :wacko: :winks:

Speranza "The THORTEX..."..........that is brilliant :yesyes:

Shivmarie
27-09-13, 09:36
I did it all last night still, on the phone mid convo i was like errm, i audio type and i litrally forgot what theyve just said about a second afterwards. I'm glad but not glad im not alone with this. Im not sure its worsening because im focusing on it, then i dilibratly lay there trying to remember things to check im not losing my mind. I also think because of my job (medical secretary) and the fact i deal with alot of work with a local memory clinic, its psychologicially playing a game in my head. Im refusing to get anxious about it but its just really irritating. x

---------- Post added at 09:36 ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 ----------

LOL The Thortex!! great!x

Barnabas75
27-09-13, 15:01
I feel for you Shivmarie.Sometimes just some good rest can help even our memory.Since strarting Sertreline a few months ago, my long term memory has improved and things from the past I could not remember before,I now can.Short term memory though is

Cantcope
27-09-13, 15:13
Hi it happens to us all but if your female and over 50 it could be because of the menapause as that does it. I think it might be an idea to write things down if you forget stuff. Take care. Sorry if I have this wrong.

Female healthanxiety
27-09-13, 16:16
When I was having CBT Counselling - this was one of the worring things I told her about - as it scared me quite a lot - like one day I would go to the toilet and then think where am i....

Apparantly she said that this is normal with high anxiety xxx

Magic
27-09-13, 18:36
This memory thing drives me to despair.

This very day I have been introduced to a male who has a vast
knowledge of Stoke football. He told me his name twice.

In the end I went to him and said sorry but I cannot remember your name,
he told me. I came home and was telling my husband about the afternoon
I had had with him --low and behold I cannot remember his name:doh:
There is a probability I shall see him again,

In the meantime I will try to find out who I was talking too
and write it down:blush:

Speranza
29-09-13, 00:20
HAHA I just remembered a few years ago (when I wasn't technically ill and not on drugs) I was in the supermarket and someone asked me my name and I stared at them and said very worriedly, "I can't remember!"

I REALLY had to fight the Early-onset Alzheimers demon that week!!!!

Shivmarie
30-09-13, 10:00
Haha! thanks for all the comments! Its really annoying i was in Nandos the other day and i walked to the drink thing, then stood staring at it and thought what am i doing here? I must of looked crazy. Im only 25 so i was abit paniccy, i had some massive depersonilisation last week so im thinking that.
Yeah my CBT councillor told me this! x