PDA

View Full Version : Getting really frightened

Florance
26-09-13, 22:12
Hi,

I have symptoms such as pain to my upper right abdomen, which spreads to the middle and sometimes the left side. It feels like I have swallowed a brick and I can't bend forward without it being very uncomfortable. I have persistent nausea, dizziness, feeling faint. My appetite is ok but I am put off eating as the pain is worse and the sickness puts me off also. I get back pain low down and shoulder pain to the right and middle. I also sometimes get headaches too. I feel tired a lot and my sleep pattern is bad. I have been to gp and A&E with this. All blood tests have been clear. ECG is clear. Had a chest and abdominal xray which were clear. now waiting on ultrasound. Drs think its gall stones. I also get some pain radiating down the lower right side of my tummy and a frequent need to wee. Also my upper abdomen is bloated. I also pass more gas especially if I have eaten. I'm really scared this is more than stones and is cancer. Especially when people say they think I've lost weight :( my mum has just had a tumour removed from her abdomen which also was suspected gall stones. I've been in tears and feel so depressed. MY scan is 4 days away and then a further 2 to 3 days for results. I am 39. a single mum with two young kids and I am scared to death.

---------- Post added at 21:53 ---------- Previous post was at 21:07 ----------

if anyone wants to reply... I really need to speak to people about this :(

---------- Post added at 22:12 ---------- Previous post was at 21:53 ----------

If anyone can help me at all? :(

Speranza
27-09-13, 00:40
Hey... relax, you are getting checked. It is incredibly unlikely to be a tumour, but if it is they can remove it. Stressing will only make it feel worse, Sweetheart. Visualise it all being okay... if that's too hard, imagine reassuring someone else that THEY are okay.

Much love to you. xxx