PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone work in mental health

Joe1976
27-09-13, 08:57
Hi I'm new to this site and also a sufferer of anxiety. I actuality work in forensic mental health secure facilities which I enjoy but at the same time due to the nature of the job cause me constant anxiety and worry. I have tried less stressful and demanding jobs but get bored easy and I only find something else to worry about which leads me to believe my anxiety is not just connected to the type of work I do.
I've only just started at this employment and already I am starting to worry about what others think of me and how I may react to angry patients and accusations from patients.
Can anyone help or advise me on this?
Thanks jo

Cantcope
27-09-13, 15:21
Hi , can you see the occupational therapist in your work? As far as I know because you work in the mental health service they provide a thing for you to get counselling about it as I don't think your job is causing your anxiety and stress I think it's all of your life as a one. Please see your GP and they will be able to referr you and don't worry that you work in the mental health it's normal for staff their to do that.

---------- Post added at 14:21 ---------- Previous post was at 14:19 ----------

Also if you need to chat sometime you can contact me if you want if you just need some reassurance etc. take care. This stress you have will pass.

Joe1976
27-09-13, 16:46
Thanks for the advice I have booked to see the Go.