PDA

View Full Version : They are like buses!!

Dafyddjohndavies
27-09-13, 10:11
Been suffering lately with general anxiety. I am on fluoxetine 20mg and decided to go on a caffeine binge for some stupid reason.. when I tried stopping drinking coke I crashed.. the tabs didn't work... then the monster within decided that the meds no longer worked and I had my first panic attack in ages.

Ever since (a month ago) I have been suffering, gradually getting worse. Decided to dry alcohol for some stupid reason after quitting for 1 and half years and guess what happened next?? More anxiety... Was supposed to go back to work this week after a 2 week holiday and have ended up leaving within the first few hours from being unable to concentrate on anything and feeling like absolute dog poo.

Decided to work from home today as didn't get a minute of sleep all night... even trying to work from home sent me into massive panic attacks... it has been a shit morning and it's only 9:55am..

I just want to say I F**KING HATE ANXIETY!! Felt like I wanted to die today because I thought I was over this shit and boom.. you get dragged right back down into the shit.

I think I have finally go a handle on it now.. but I've said that same sentence everyday for the past month.. I can totally understand why people top themselves.. it's a logical step if you can't fix the suffering.. I actually understand the thought process that gets you to that place... I'm not there thankfully but I sympathise with those that just have enough.

Sorry for the negativity.. just had a gutsfull today.

To end on a positive note.. I'll share how I keep on top of my anxiety *usually*

So it's a vizualisation exercise. Imagine you have swollowed a pill that contains pure liquid happiness, the pill when it disolves in your stomach feels a little bit acidy.. try and feel in your stomach the acidy feeling and the more you concentrate on it the more you will feel it. This will eventually turn into a nice feeling.

Seems to work for me.. odd one but might work for others.

Edward_1980
27-09-13, 13:56
Hi Dafydd,

I have done the same thing as you. Coffee binges, Alcohol binges and Drug binges and it always ended up the same. When they all wore off the anxiety came back with a vengeance and I suffered ferocious Panic Attacks.

Try to stay away from Alcohol and Coffee. They only make things worse in the long run.

Dafyddjohndavies
27-09-13, 14:00
Hey Ed,

Cheers for the reply.

Yeah that's the plan dude. It was drugs that got me into this in the first place.. I'm going back to clean living. Being sober isn't all that bad.

Thanks for the advice.. feeling a load better this afternoon.

Edward_1980
27-09-13, 14:04
Glad you're feeling better Dafydd. Stay sober and you'll be able to work on the Anxiety. I wish you the best of luck.