PDA

View Full Version : Brain tumour worries back

Hopefulmi
27-09-13, 11:14
Hi guys,

*sigh*, back again. Having some CBT but still struggling.

Last week, my 1 year old woke me up in the night crying so I went to see to him, and was falling around like I was drunk, and the same in the morning first thing. Not sure if this is just cause I was tired but it doesn't normally happen.

Anyway few days later had a really bad tension headache and felt slightly off colour but noticed my trapezius was really sore. Went for a massage and that eased most of the headache. A few days on, I still have a residual headache, on and off round the eyes and have thought this could still be muscular, except now I have mild nausea first thing in the morning and sometimes last on in the day, including after I've been lying down. I have been really tired as my son has been waking me up in the night so my eyes could be sore from eye strain as well I guess in addition to muscles being sore and exhaustion but it is the nausea that is bothering me in the mornings and things.

Has anyone else been here?

Naomi

aggiecuttler
27-09-13, 11:30
Hi Naomi, try not to worry i am sure you are fine, your symptoms could be anxiety or from lack of sleep, how much were you stumbling around, could be inner ear infection, go to the drs and see if they can see anything wrong like an infection, dont worry yourself but get yourself sorted at the drs, they can put your mind at ease blessings

Hopefulmi
27-09-13, 11:33
Stumbling a fair bit but not falling over, just so scared all the time :(

Shivmarie
27-09-13, 11:42
Hey, im stumbling all over the place at the moment, nausea AND fatigued, even my eyes feel like theyre on a see-saw, i have had CBT and all the tests so i knew it wasnt a brain tumor but i was still getting anxious which of course intensifies it. anyway i went to the docs and I had an ear infection which has been rumbling on for a few weeks with no imporvment, the dizzyness off balance thing continued and i went back and now my ear drum has perpherated. Explains alot, i also now feel now i know what it is, i dont focus on it as much, as to be honest it just has to heal itself. It would be well worth getting your ears checked, its amazing what they can do when theyre not quite right! good luck hun xx

Hopefulmi
27-09-13, 11:45
Thanks, will go to GP on tuesday on my day off. I don't feel ill like I have an ear infection but sometimes they can go hidden I think.

The nausea is much more like churning, nervous nausea than retching to be sick nausea. The headaches are eased by changing position and massage but got myself worked up now :(

Shivmarie
27-09-13, 11:49
I felt a full bill of health, no pain, no bad feelings i just went down for some popping/loss of hearing after i returned from holiday it was annoying me lol, anyway it all stemmed from that! it was after i was given medication i started feeling rubbish. They said it was a slight fungal infection, then it went onto a full blown inner ear, godknows how long it had been like it because i wasnt none the wiser, then i had all the stummbly, foggy headed, nausea went back down thinking it was the medication but no, it had ruptured!x

Hopefulmi
27-09-13, 12:07
Thanks Shivmarie that makes me feel a bit better. Did you have any headaches with it?

Shivmarie
27-09-13, 12:24
Yeah i did, plenty! I had ice pick headaches really stabbing ones, ironically on the same side as the mystery bad ear. I had real harsh pressure in my forehead, which was due to tension and stressing. Then lots of little mini headaches throughout the day, and a full head feeling, i have one right now funnily enough :-( x

Hopefulmi
27-09-13, 13:07
Thanks, that's really helpful. Hopefully, I'll calm down and find the nausea is just excess adrenaline and anxiety! Got a massage booked at 3pm so fingers crossed. My shoulders are so sore from tension so I think the headaches are stemming from there probably.

I hate HA!!!!

Shivmarie
27-09-13, 13:18
Yeah i found i had a sore neck quite abit even after lying down as i was still tensing and casuing myself stress. Enjoy your message :-) x

yenool
27-09-13, 17:15
I'm lethal when I first wake up......... feel dizzy and can stumble for virtually no reason at all. I usually give it a couple of mins after waking before I dare tackle the stairs...! So I think that must be fairly normal...

headaches are soooo likely to be caused by fatigue, stress or anxiety. You sound really tired and stressed... do you have any relaxation exercises or any time during the day when you take 5 - 10 mins just for yourself?

Hopefulmi
27-09-13, 21:29
Its the accompanying nausea that freaks me out most that accompanies headache and it wont go away. Cant see Gp til tues now either :'(