PDA

View Full Version : Sorry

sam1878
27-09-13, 11:31
I'm sorry for posting so much the past day - I'm just really stressed out over the findings on the us scan I had
I'm so scared and I'm in a really bad place
How can I be left to wait three weeks and keep,getting told I'm ok but be sent for more tests?
My husband is going to divorce me I'm sure as I'm in such a state

Shivmarie
27-09-13, 12:01
Look try to remain calm, the what if's your getting worked up about are not helping, and as for your husband, try not to focus on that right now. I can talk from personal experience, i had a Pelvic US sound done, was told all was fine, but was still referred to Gynae because it showed up something that wasn’t quite right, anyway after being sent for more tests i had a small harmless cyst that obviously shouldn’t be there, but isn’t doing me any harm, it just shows up. The term suspicious is being used too much as a negative in this day and age. A 2-3 week timescale tells me as someone who deals with medical referrals that this is a similar experience to mine, it wasn’t anything bad, but it wasn’t a 100% normal. If theyre was anything sinister suspected, you would have been called the day of the US and told theyre sending you for further tests as a matter of urgency, youd have an appointment within 3 days, not three weeks. Please stop stressing, but call your GP and tell them your concerns xx

Annie0904
27-09-13, 12:06
I agree with Shivmarie, if it was anything serious you would be seen much sooner than 3 weeks. Quite often further tests are done to rule out things even if it doesn't mean that they suspect something. I would say the fact that you have to wait 3 weeks is good news as it means they are not suspecting anything serious. :hugs:

sam1878
27-09-13, 12:08
Look try to remain calm, the what if's your getting worked up about are not helping, and as for your husband, try not to focus on that right now. I can talk from personal experience, i had a Pelvic US sound done, was told all was fine, but was still referred to Gynae because it showed up something that wasn’t quite right, anyway after being sent for more tests i had a small harmless cyst that obviously shouldn’t be there, but isn’t doing me any harm, it just shows up. The term suspicious is being used too much as a negative in this day and age. A 2-3 week timescale tells me as someone who deals with medical referrals that this is a similar experience to mine, it wasn’t anything bad, but it wasn’t a 100% normal. If theyre was anything sinister suspected, you would have been called the day of the US and told theyre sending you for further tests as a matter of urgency, youd have an appointment within 3 days, not three weeks. Please stop stressing, but call your GP and tell them your concerns xx

Thank you for listening - I've spoken to 3 GP's now - one is a friend
I used to work in doctors too and I just remember being told anything urgent was a worry.... And I keep thinking of the two week cancer referral rule - What you have said is what both the gp's in the practice have told me xx

---------- Post added at 12:08 ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 ----------

I agree with Shivmarie, if it was anything serious you would be seen much sooner than 3 weeks. Quite often further tests are done to rule out things even if it doesn't mean that they suspect something. I would say the fact that you have to wait 3 weeks is good news as it means they are not suspecting anything serious. :hugs:

Thank you x

Shivmarie
27-09-13, 12:12
Seeking the constant reassurance won't help you for the long term hun.
Honestly i'd try to just relax abit, if you were suspected to have absolutly anything that was a red flag symptom, you'd of been spoken to in great deal and would have absolutly been referred by now. If there was any chance of you being under the 2WW you would of been informed at the time. Honestly, please try to relax, the stress itself will make you poorly. xx

sam1878
27-09-13, 12:16
Seeking the constant reassurance won't help you for the long term hun.
Honestly i'd try to just relax abit, if you were suspected to have absolutly anything that was a red flag symptom, you'd of been spoken to in great deal and would have absolutly been referred by now. If there was any chance of you being under the 2WW you would of been informed at the time. Honestly, please try to relax, the stress itself will make you poorly. xx

I know. It's just the wording on report that made it worse and it being called a Mass
Ah well I've got a long time to wait so will just have to try my best to not worry .. It's so hard though, normally with my anxiety it's all in my head but this time seems real
Thank you for listening and replying :) x

Shivmarie
27-09-13, 12:21
No worries.
Its strange, i've learnt that sometimes medical termonoligy makes things seem bleak and worrying. But in actual fact its nothing more than termonoligy. I had to refer someone urgently for an ingrown toe nail, because he couldnt get his shoe on. YUP that was put through as urgent. So please try to relax, enjoy your weekend and stop reading that report!! lol xx

sam1878
27-09-13, 12:27
:bighug1:
No worries.
Its strange, i've learnt that sometimes medical termonoligy makes things seem bleak and worrying. But in actual fact its nothing more than termonoligy. I had to refer someone urgently for an ingrown toe nail, because he couldnt get his shoe on. YUP that was put through as urgent. So please try to relax, enjoy your weekend and stop reading that report!! lol xx

That made me laugh a little x thanks for your help x

Shivmarie
27-09-13, 12:31
It's ok, Direct Message me if you ever want someone to talk to :-)
As soon as you feel anxious remember, ingrown toenail!! xx

sam1878
27-09-13, 14:48
I will try :)

almamatters
27-09-13, 19:49
I have to agree with Shivmarie , I really do not think they would make you wait 3 weeks for a scan if they suspected it was a sinister lesion. Medical terminology is pretty scary but try and think of the positives you have at the moment, GP is not stressing, blood tests you say are relatively normal. Please keep coming onto this site for support, it was a lifesaver for me last year when I went through a very similar thing. :hugs:xx

sam1878
27-09-13, 21:33
I have to agree with Shivmarie , I really do not think they would make you wait 3 weeks for a scan if they suspected it was a sinister lesion. Medical terminology is pretty scary but try and think of the positives you have at the moment, GP is not stressing, blood tests you say are relatively normal. Please keep coming onto this site for support, it was a lifesaver for me last year when I went through a very similar thing. :hugs:xx

thank you x