PDA

View Full Version : ingrowing hair problem :S

chasingtoka
27-09-13, 18:32
hi everyone :)
i have a bit of an embarrassing problem!!! i've got an ingrowing hair on my bikini zone and its turned into quite a big swelling... it hurts too :/
its been like this for a few days now and i dont know how to get rid of it?
i want to get rid of it before my boyfriend notices (fortunately im on my period at the moment so i have an excuse!!)
i would really appreciate tips if anyone has some xxx

Magic
27-09-13, 18:45
If I were you I would go to GP or practice nurse

almamatters
27-09-13, 19:36
I used to get these regularly in the same area. You might be best to get it checked by the nurse. I sometimes used to put a warm flannel on mine just to help with the pain and swelling. My GP told me to stop shaving this area and to use some other form of hair removal.

AuntieMoosie
28-09-13, 00:05
It sounds like there's probably a little infection where the hair has got trapped hun.

It's probably a boil type thing. You could try warm compresses 3 or 4 times a day to try and help it come to a head, and then it should start to drain on it's own but don't go squeezing it as you're likely to spread the infection to nearby tissue.

If it's still really painful and getting bigger still by Monday, I'd go and see your doctor or practice nurse, you may need a short course of antibiotics just to clear the infection.

I do know how painful they are though, I used to get them under my arms, so you have my sympathy hun :)

chasingtoka
28-09-13, 19:28
thank you all, you've been really helpful!!!
i'll give it a go, and otherwise go see someone :)
thank you again xx