PDA

View Full Version : Dont think i can go out again...

N206
06-07-04, 15:46
Hiya guys,

well i went out on saturdaynight into town with some friends!!! took my car so i could leave when i needed too. all was going well and i had a good time, was having slight stomach cramps but was ignoring it.

Got home and went to bed fine.

Sunday morning.. panic!!!
"oh my god, ive been surrounded by hundreds of people in a hot sweaty place, people breathing on me. what if ive caught a bug? Perfect surroundings for germ breeding and id been in it for hours"

Spent the whole day just sat in my room,ate hardly anything cos if i had caught a sickness bug there wouldnt be as much to come up. Terrified i was gonna get ill cos id been in a hot place with lots of people.Mum tried to reassure me that id be fine but all rational thoughts go out the window.
Wasnt as bad monday but still had doubts that i might still get ill..didnt eat all day. i like to give a full 48hrs before i feel ive been freed of illness.

Does any1 else think like this?!?!
The worrying thing is,that im gona be the same now when it comes to having to going out again... this hasnt really been a big issue before but now im scared.

X

Your stronger than you'll ever know,you control your own world.

Laurie28
06-07-04, 16:10
Hiya,

Once thoughts like these come into your mind us 'anxiety' sufferers have a hard time shaking them off and they get bigger and bigger the more we think about them.

You'll find you haven't caught any bugs and this will help reassure your subconscience that it is just the anxiety getting at you.
please try and eat the next time you are in thsi situation or your mind may strat telling you that you are only okay because you haven't eaten anything and that could have all sorts of implecations.
All us anxiety sufferers can relate to what you have written in one way or another.

All I can suggest is that you MUST go out into the same situation again and again to prove to your little anxiety monster that it has nothing to worry about, but please eat when you come home

I hope this helps a wee bit

Love
Lucky

Meg
06-07-04, 16:36
Hey, Glad you went out and had fun.

Reframe the illness by telling yourself that it was so great that you had a great time and all is well so you can certainly do it again. As Lucky says - do it again soon .

Not eating for 48 hours is not advisable at all both as Lucky says and also for your innards . You may like to eat small amounts instead of meals and that would be fine, but do eat or over time your tummy lining will really be a taking a hammering and then you will have real problems.

Meg

Anxiety is a thin stream of fear trickling through the mind.
If encouraged, it cuts a channel into which all other thoughts are drained.
Robert Albert Bloch

nomorepanic
06-07-04, 20:36
N206

Well done on going out. Don't worry about the illness thing. You can just as easily catch it off your mum and dad that out at a pub etc.

Just tell yourself that you are fine - you didn't get ill and nothing bad happened.

Now go back and try it again please - you will be fine. Please just keep trying or you will end up not going out atall.

Good luck for next time

Nicola

stimpy
10-07-04, 12:14
:D Hey going out was really really cool !
Well done !

If you stay in a sterile enviroment, you are more likely to get sick.
As your body is not used to germs and things, they attack quickly.

The more you go out, the stronger your immune system will get as it is mixing with bugs and germs and fighting them off.
So you are less likely to get sick.

A while a go I decided to see if this was true.
So I decided not to go out.
Thinking - If I didn't go out, I wouldn't get cold or sick.

Guess what, I stayed in for months and when I got colds they were even worse!

The moral of the story is ... It is better to go out, have a good time than stay at home being miserable.

Being in that sweaty room has done your immune system the world of good. It has met all those germs and bugs, and fought them off, so next time you meet them they won't make you sick.

Love, light and Best wishes
Liz xxx
With hard work and determination and all the things you know.
The world is there for you to take. There's nowhere you can't go.

[:p]Scatty Eccentric & 'Poet Laureate to panic and anxiety'