PDA

View Full Version : Scared I'm diabetic

kms1985
28-09-13, 10:12
Hi

I've ft I'll for Agee weeks and recently started drinking and peeing more. I'm worried I'm diabetic however I'm also getting extreme dry mouth due to what feels like humidity in the air drying me out, I have also lost almost 2 stone since June which could be due to not eating as much.

Is anyone diabetic and can remember how they were diagnosed. I've also been to docs who doesn't believe it is diabetes but has booked me a blood test for 2 weeks time

yenool
28-09-13, 12:06
You can walk into some large pharmacies and get your blood sugar checked for free I believe..... http://www.lloydspharmacy.com/en/info/free-diabetes-test

If you are not eating as much then you would most likely lose weight....... plus if you are very anxious a lot of the time then your body is probably burning up more energy too.

If the doctor doesn't think it is diabetes then he is most likely right - diabetes is something the average GP will deal with a lot.

Plus if you were to have diabetes it isn't the end of the world, it is very manageable and these days there is a lot of information/support out there to help you if that is the case.

kms1985
28-09-13, 12:45
I am feeling anxious and I'm just worried because when I eat I feel nauseous and can't seem to eat without a drink

AuntieMoosie
28-09-13, 21:08
I'm diabetic with diabetes type 2.

The symptoms that lead me to my doctor were an unquenchable thirst, I was literally drinking like a fish!!!!! It's not a case of just being dry or thirsty in the normal sense of the word, it's an awful unquenchable thirst, it wouldn't matter what you drank, you'd still be desperate for more, that's obviously followed by the passing of large amounts of urine!

The second symptom that I got was my sight went all blurry and foggy, it was this symptom that lead me to my doctor who, straight away, picked up that I was diabetic which was confirmed by a blood test.

As has been said, to be diabetic is not the scary monster that a lot of people think it is. I'm on medication and obviously I have to be careful with what I eat, but apart from that, I even forget that I am diabetic until it comes to my usual 6 monthly diabetes check up :)

kms1985
28-09-13, 21:44
I don't go to the toilet straight away and my thirst has got a lot less, my sight went blurry but I wear glasses so went for an eye test and was given the clear and new prescription for glasses