PDA

View Full Version : New member - Anxiety troubles... new born baby.

aj020388
28-09-13, 10:57
Hi,

Im new to this site so not really sure on how it works. I am a first time mum to a 4 week old little girl.
I had quite a traumatic labour, followed with anxiety which slowly took over. I was given Citalopram which I had a violent reaction to so was advised to stop. Due to this
I was very scared about trying any other anti d - so my gp thought that pregabalin would
Be worth a go.

I am unsure about the cause of my anxiety howevermy symptoms are; feeling lightheaded/off balance, lump in throat, unable to swallow, hot flushes, palpitations, nausea and overthinking everything. With my partner going back to work next week I am also anxious about being on my own...

I took my first tablet last night before bed (75mg) and found after an hour I felt a little "tipsy". But did find it helped me sleep some what. Today I still feel a little strange, light headed, slught nausea etc...

I was wondering if anyone else is on pregabalin??? Do you find is useful?? How long did it take for you to notice an effect?? Will I ever feel "normal" again???

Thanks

Aj

Edie
28-09-13, 12:17
Hi AJ, and welcome.

Congratulations on the arrival of your baby daughter!

I'm so sorry that your anxiety is affecting your enjoyment of parenthood. I'm sure any new mother would feel anxious about their partner returning to work, but it's got to be even harder when you're struggling with anxiety as well.

I've also had bad reactions to antidepressants. I now take Pregabalin, I started about 7 weeks ago. Some people say it takes up to a month to take effect, but I started feeling benefits almost immediately. I've been really lucky to experience no side effects. If yours don't pass quickly it might be worth asking your doctor if building up slowly would be a good idea.

I hope things improve for you and you can get on with enjoying your little girl.

aj020388
28-09-13, 12:31
Thanks for your reply. I have read really good things about pregabalin and am hoping it works for me 2!
My other symptoms from anxiety seemed to of eased a little so far today :) the onky one I keep
Getting is the lump in my throat feeling :( did you have this symptom with your anxiety?? I have only taken 1 tablet and know its not going to vanish all my symptoms overnight. Just be nuce to know theres a light at the end of the tunnel...

X

Edie
28-09-13, 14:58
My anxiety is mainly emotional really, I don't get physical symptoms I just have worries whirring round my head all the time. It's definitely improved on Pregabalin though. At the moment I'm taking 2x75mg tablets per day, and next week I'm going up to 200mg so hopefully that'll help even more.

It's great you're seeing improvements already. Hopefully that will continue!

Vanilla Sky
28-09-13, 15:37
Just wanted to welcome you to the site :)