PDA

View Full Version : Is there a virus going around and should I see doc?

rebeccad
28-09-13, 18:58
Hi really hope someone can give me their point of view on this, for about 10 days I've felt so so tired and keep getting a wave of sickness and lightheaded feeling , I'm so worried it could be a brain tumour or leukemia , I've told my husband my worries and he's just shouted at me and told me to grow up, which is fine as I have actually exhausted him and my whole family with my constant reassurance seeking , please be honest does it sound like something serious and should I see a doc and ask for bloods and a scan x

greenlady
28-09-13, 20:07
i also have a virus mine stared in my sinuses 3 weeks ago moved to my ears then finally ended in a cold and sore throat..swolllen glands under my jaw...anxiety because of swollen glands..hope it due to infection ..anyone else have simelar..
cheers
gina x

mummyanxious
28-09-13, 20:49
I had a cough which turned into pleurisy and is now sinus problems. Had it three weeks plus. Had the cough for about three weeks initially!

greenlady
28-09-13, 23:17
did anyone have swollen glands with this virus?
thanks
gina

---------- Post added at 23:17 ---------- Previous post was at 22:53 ----------

Anyone?

Hopefulmi
28-09-13, 23:17
Rebecca I have had these symptoms this week too. Are you sometimes waking up with the lightheadedness and sickness too? I am convinced it is a BT but Dr says it is vertigo and has prescribed anti-sickness medication.

I must admit, I went back to work today after 2 weeks off and after I got into the swing of things, the sickness disappeared a lot and I had no headache today so could be anxiety alongside making things worse.

sam09
29-09-13, 00:44
Hey all. Yeah ive got sme head cold thing doing my nut in sick of it. Started last Sunday ive had blocked and runny nose keep sneezing and coughing which has given me a headache now its in my ears.

emlica
29-09-13, 12:48
Yeah there's a nasty cold going round at work - some people have just had it as the nasty end of a normal cold, but other people have been off for a few days with more like flu symptoms.

My glands swell up whenever I have a cold (or even just a flipping mouth ulcer), and have done all my life, so I don't really worry about that any more!

greenlady
29-09-13, 21:59
glands are one of my health anxieties..was your up on both sides ..mine are both sides at angle of jaw..anyone else had this problems..would help with my anxiety ,,thanks
gina

---------- Post added at 21:59 ---------- Previous post was at 20:49 ----------

Anyone?

Shivmarie
30-09-13, 09:53
Yeah just getting over a two week bout of cold, chest and throat problems, i had the light headedness big time. I had an ear infection before this though, and yeah my glands were swollen x

tiff123
30-09-13, 11:07
I think there is something going round. I know quite a few people who have been down with a bug.

I have had a sore throat, with the lovely green phlegm for about a month (sorry for too much info!).

GP wasn't worried. Lungs/chest were normal. Then it spread to my ears, and I had to take antibiotics for that coz ear pain is terrible but that cleared up, v quick.

Just back to mildly sore throat now. My policy with cold type bugs is leave them for 2-3 weeks and if they haven't totally cleared by then consult doc just to be sure/have peace of mind.

@ Rebeccad - what you describe sounds exactly like what I had 1.5 years ago. It was a bug like a normal cold spreading to your inner ear (inner ear controls that stuff).

Bad news - yes the faint/dizzyness and feeling sick suck but good news is it wont harm you.

Took my bug several months to reset to normal. And yes at the time all I thought was I must have a brain tumor as the symptoms can feel quite severe.

Your GP can confirm if its inner ear problem or some other bug.

I really feel for you about your hubby. Try to remember he does care about you but does not have any clue how to handle the HA. I have exactly the same probs with my other half. I think its much better to come on here with people who can understand.

rebeccad
08-10-13, 20:53
Thanks only just read replies I today have sort the help of a councillor Paid for through work x

bigh123
08-10-13, 20:56
ive had a ropey dose of man cold lol