PDA

View Full Version : Work worries

Joe1976
28-09-13, 20:25
Does anyone like me worry what people think about you at work and there responses to things you do. I've just started a new job and it's a very close environment with lots of strong minded staff with different opinions which is causing my anxiety to go through the roof.
Does anyone have any help or advice or have a similar problem

suki300
28-09-13, 21:56
Well - it's not always easy starting a new job - particularly if the staff are strong minded. In the past I've often had to remind myself to try not to take things personally and I would be really nice to people, even if inside I was getting a bit worried in case I'd said something wrong - in one case, I soon found out that they'd all worked together for a long time and they all had gripes with each other. So I just tried to keep out of it and not take sides and it sort of helped.

I also learnt that the ones i found difficult - that everyone else found the same problem - it would sometimes take some time to find that out - it's a bit of a relief when that does happen though!

Joe1976
28-09-13, 22:07
Thank you for the advice. Your right I will just do my job and keep out of all the politics

suki300
28-09-13, 22:12
Doing the exersize would help. Is there any type of exersize you think you might like to have a go at?

Joe1976
29-09-13, 17:24
Well I was going to join the gym but I've Benny a member many times before and to be honest I hate going and find it boring so that would only be a waste of money. I do have a mountain bike and walking boots so was thinking maybe cycling and walking at least then I would get some fresh air as well

suki300
29-09-13, 19:58
I think it would be better for you being in the fresh air, plus it's cheaper, but I'd definitely join a group if you can. There are lots about and lots of abilities.