PDA

View Full Version : Vitamin deficiencies!!!!

LE
28-09-13, 22:49
Ok so i was diagnosed with health anxiety almost 3 years ago now. I basically think everything is a 'sign' of cancer.

In these three years I've had loads of tests including MRI, X-rays, ultrasounds and bloods.

I started feelig unwell after having my fist baby four years ago. I was anemic in preg and lost lot of blood at delivery. Blood tests over years have revealed nothing wrong.

I then saw a haematologist a couple of months ago at my request as I was convinced I had lymphoma. Lots of bloods were done looking for cancer markers as all normal.

Then I went back to gp last week and said I still didn't feel well. I had anothe baby 6 months ago and again was anemic and lots blood in delivery.

My haemaglobin was 7 when I delivered him as its now back to 12. But bloods showed I have low iron stores, borderline low b12 and low folate.

What's can be causing this???? I'm so wories

rachael t
28-09-13, 23:07
I dont no all your answers but i have low b12 and have to go for injections every 3 months

LE
28-09-13, 23:39
Thanks.

Can I ask if you know the reason you have low b12?

rachael t
29-09-13, 02:56
Havnt got a clue it can be to do with diet but thats normaly if your a vegitarian he did do a test but came back ok

LE
29-09-13, 07:33
Are you a vegeterean?

I'm hoping mine is pregnancy related. I was sick for first 5 months and then the rest of the preg I had terrible heartburn so I ate ok. I am also now breastfeeding.

mummyanxious
29-09-13, 09:10
I had a baby a couple of years ago. I just had blood tests which showed low iron stores. Not sure about haemoglobin they didn't say.
Is ferratin the low stores test?

rachael t
29-09-13, 10:22
No im not a vegatarian

LE
29-09-13, 18:12
Yes ferritin is the iron stores test.

My haemaglobin was down at 7 just after delivery of baby. It's not back up at 12. So I am hoping this means that my ferritin iron stores although still under normal at 23 are on their way back up. From what I understand you become anemic i.e low haemaglobin when you have used up your iron stores. Is this correct?