PDA

View Full Version : Swollen Ankles with Rash

SusiFlorence
29-09-13, 01:50
Hi ..

I am 56 y/o female. And am on Blood Pressure Meds called 'Coversill', 4mg, and that is keeping things nicely under control.

My problem developed many weeks after starting the Coversill, so I dont think the meds are the culprit.

I have 2 swollen ankles and tops of both feet as well. The outsides of both ankles are covered with a rash, bright red, and now it looks like a large burn. I feel light cramps in the legs and knees. And the legs feel heavy. Bathing makes the rash and swellings worse. And brings out large red dots on both calves, which tend to resolve after the legs are dry for a bit.

I hadnt seen the doctor yet. I had been very busy. And she isnt available outside of my working hours, so I was biding my time, watchfully waiting. Today, the problem seems to be sort of holding steady and ever so lightly resolving itself. The swelling started much later in the day. Did not swell much. No more itch either tho the rash is still there. It all looks like it is healing.

I am definitely going to the doc. But I want to go the week after next. So I am in that awful position of worrying, but not wanting to do anything just yet. Otherwise I feel fine. I check my blood pressure every day. And it is well in the normal range. Optimal, in fact on 3rd reading.

I had my heart checked during my last physical, a couple of months ago, and it was all normal.

I googled a bit, and at least I am reasonably sure it is not cancer or blood clots, (both legs are involved so is unlikely, and the rash doesnt look like any skin cancer pix I have seen). I have been told by doctors over the years that I have a very idiosyncratic body, symptoms with no cause that resolve themselves after a period of medical monitoring.

Has anybody any thoughts on this? The area around the ankles is rough and red and scaly, but looks like it is healing. I dont use any creams bcos I dont want to do damage.

Thanks.

nomorepanic
29-09-13, 02:10
Hi

I am afraid that we are not a medical site - we are a panic and anxiety site so we cannot really advise regarding issues like this and can only really recommend you see the doctor about it.

Good luck and I am sure they can sort it