PDA

View Full Version : swollen gum behind two front teeth

RVP
29-09-13, 06:45
I got something caught in the gum and my front two teeth last week..around wednesday I think and I remember trying to get it out but I don't think I did. But my gum behind my front teeth has been swollen for a couple of days now and I'm guessing whatever i in there is stuck in there, it wasn't this bad first couple of days, probably got worse around Friday.
Ive tried warm water and salt once..but that hasn't worked, although i think you're meant to do it 3/4 times.
I really hope this isn't a dentist job. I hate the dentist :(
How long should I wait?

debs71
29-09-13, 13:37
I am wondering if you actually don't have anything still stuck there, RVP, but it is just inflamed from being irritated.

I had the same thing a while ago after eating some crusty bread, and it was irritating as hell and the gum felt sore and lumpy behind my front teeth.

I think you are doing the right thing with the salt water rinses. I would keep doing that, and another thing that I find really helpful is either a bit of Bonjela or Corsodyl gel, rubbed on the part of gum that is irritated.

As far as the dentist goes, I would just see how you get on. If it doesn't settle down in a week or so, maybe it is worth a check up.

Good luck.:hugs:

sammyb
29-09-13, 15:20
My god this board is like reading my mind. Had the same thing for a week. Was a little worried about it but it is feeling better now. Just try like hell to just leave it alone. . Dont fiddle with it. I hate it that such small things can have such a huge impact on us.

RVP
02-10-13, 08:57
still exactly the same :( although the overall swelling has gone down, its still sore and swollen from just behind my two front teeth.
I have been doing salt water mouth washes now and again but doesnt seem to be doing anything