PDA

View Full Version : Hi Everyone

mysweetshadow
27-10-06, 11:55
Hi There Iam a 21 year Old Male, and for the last 18 months I have been suffering from Anxiety, Panic Attacks and Argoraphobia.

Basically Iam afraid to leave my home, and when I do i get reallly shaky, fainty and very bad heart pulpitations. I also become dizzy at times, like I have butterflies in my Stomach. After my butterflies, I take very bad cramps in my Stomach and my Panic Attacks come along.

When I go into a Panic Attack, I lose concentration, I feel week, I become confused and with the confusion I go into what sames like a fit of rage, but Iam start to understand that Iam just Panicing. After I begin to calm down from my attacks, I want have heart convulsions, then I would feel really tired and all I want to do is sleep. Although I feel tired, I would go to bed, but I would not be able to sleep. All I would do is lie in bed, and if I go to move I feel really sick. [xx(]

Also at nights I find it hard to sleep, I would find I would not go to bed until after midnight and I would find it hard to knock off. When I do finally go to sleep, I find myself waking up for no reasons, and at times I would go into a state of panic. Just over the last few weeks I have found that Iam on average only getting at least five hours of sleep aday.

Due to my situation I have found out that I have went from 11st in weight to 8st 2, but what really concerned me at one point, was that I used to be under 8st at one stage. I have also realized that I have stopped eating certain foods as they have made me feel sick. I have stopped eating all products containing Cheese, Bacon, Eggs and Chicken.

Am I going through I normal situation, Can Anyone help me?
I have tried my GP, but things are going really slow because of my situation, and my GP says its just a mental health problem. He says it all boils down to my childhood, but i dont understand how it can confine me to my home. Please feel free to leave a comment, sorry I wrote so much.[8)]

p.a

susie
27-10-06, 12:23
hi there and a big welcome .firstly im the way i am because of my childhood and it could be the same for you but im 53 you are so young .what is your gp like is it possible to go back and have a good talk with him .you have come to the right place we dont have all the answers but we all do our best to help and support eachother if i can help in anyway please dont be affraid to ask love suexxx

manmoor
27-10-06, 13:00
Hi P,

A big warm welcome to you.

Take Care

Mandyxx

ugy
27-10-06, 13:03
Hey Sweet!
Sounds like you're having a bad time of it at the moment. Be reassured, it is all quite normal though and probably most of the people on this forum have been through he same.

If you catch this sort of thing early, and get wise to what is going on in your body i.e. adrenalin is causing anxiety, feeling sick, feeling unable to relax or sleep, racing thoughts and heart and a lack of appetite. A lack of sleep means that you are probably exhausted too and that makes it hard to think straight.

If you get wise to that, you can nip it pretty much in the bud.
You aren't going crazy and this certainly won't last forever.

You were right to go to the doctor. They do struggle with anxious patients because they're not sure what to do with us. How has he offered to help you?

Have you got a friend or family member who could walk you round the block? Getting out is so much easier to do if there is somebody to reassure you.

Whereabouts do you live? If it's anywhere near Sheffield, I'll come round and take you for an easy-going walk myself!

Do try to eat something. I know it's hard at first, but it would do you good. Do just eat what you like!

Keep talking to us!
Love,
Guy

Take my adrenal gland. Please.

mysweetshadow
27-10-06, 13:34
Hi Friends thanks for the warm welcome.:D

I am from Belfast in Northern Ireland. I have just recently moved to my GP, but at the moment I dont know what way to take him(he seems willing to try and help, but all i get from him is ah, oh yes and umm:(). Just over a month ago I had my first blood test and I have to go back to see my doctor again in the next fortnight for more tests and checkups. Iam still eating regularly, it is just hard finding products to suit my situation.

I live with my Partner and she is very supportive of me and she tries to help as much as possible. Unfortunatley what family I have left on my side aint as helpful.

p.a

ugy
27-10-06, 13:41
It's good to rule out any physical ailments and diseases. Good luck with the tests.
I hope it is anxiety, which you'll be able to beat hands down.

Do you get out of the house much with your partner?

Take my adrenal gland. Please.

yorkylover
27-10-06, 13:45
Hi and welcome to the forum.You are not alone pet.You will get lots of support here.I for one know exactly how you are feeling.
Take care;)

Ellen XX

mysweetshadow
27-10-06, 13:51
My GP has ruled out most diseases but they think at the moment it could be Coeliacs, but it may turn out not to be. I do try and get out for walks, cause I live close to my partners family(they all live 2 minutes away), I try and go to there homes with her. When I do make it out to others peoples home I go into very bad panic attacks and I have to go home again. I think the worst I have ever went, was when I had my leg took very bad pins and needles, and it started to go numb.

p.a

manmoor
27-10-06, 14:18
Hi P,

I live about 38 miles from you. Nice to have someone on the site so close.

Take Care

Mandyxx

mysweetshadow
27-10-06, 14:22
ahh cool, thats nice to know Mandy, thank you:D

p.a

bubba
27-10-06, 17:56
Hi sorry your having such a hard time. But remember anxiety feeds anxiety. So try and face your fears it is very hard but it will help. Go back to your GP and ask to be referred to someone who does CBT. Where do you live?
From Bubba

honeybee3939
27-10-06, 18:03
Hi

A BIG warm welcome to you,

Lovely to see you here, in sure you will get lots of good advice and make new friends on the way:D

Love

Andrea
xxxx

mysweetshadow
27-10-06, 18:06
Hi Bubba, thanks for your message, Im from Belfast. I have mentioned to my doctor about a CPN, who does CBT, but he wants to wait until I get further blood test befor deciding anything else.

p.a

mysweetshadow
27-10-06, 18:07
hi Andrea thanks for the warm welcome, i have been looking around in other message boards and im starting to find alot of useful information, thank you

p.a

mad_shell66
27-10-06, 18:56
hi and welcome to nomorepanic
shellxx:D

mysweetshadow
27-10-06, 19:17
hi Shell thanks for the wram welcome[^]

phil

nomorepanic
27-10-06, 19:18
Hi P.A.

Welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

You will meet some lovely people and get some great support.

Have a good read of the website as well as this forum for some advice - www.nomorepanic.co.uk

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel

Nicola

mysweetshadow
04-11-06, 22:07
Hi I would just like to say thanks to everyone that welcomed me alone. I have to say that since i have joined i have found alot of useful information, and Iam glad to be here.

Thank You

phil

beadbabe
07-11-06, 12:01
Hi - I am new to this forum but just read your message. I havebeen having panic attacks for over a year and lost a lot of weight initially and could hardly eat. Althogh I don't really want or like to be on ssri, it hasn't helped much, the only thing it did improve is that I was able to eat more or less normally again. It hasn't helped my panic or anxiety which is all day every day, but at least by being able to eat I am keeping my body healthier, which must give a small advantage to getting better. If I don't eat regularly little and often I do feel worse. so if you're not on meds yet, is it worth a try? (otherwise I wouldn't recommend taking them if you would rather try without).
Try to eat tiny nibbles like oatcakes or protein, things that keep your blood sugar more level. Best of luck, you're not alone

Paddington
07-11-06, 14:06
Hello Phil.nice to ,meet you.sorry you are havinf a rough time at the moment but hey mate you arei n good company!When the doc has ruled every thing out,you should get the right treatment[most drs have no clue what to do with us,mine doesnt!]cbt is the way forward ,i hopeyou get that soon,You will get loads of supprt annd understanding on here.Love Mary Rose.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

we are all in the same boat and can guide each other ashore

mysweetshadow
07-11-06, 17:06
Hi bead and rose i do eat very regulary, and the same amounts I normally eat, I just dont know why i dont show....[Sigh...] I was at my doctors today and he is going to try and arrange for a CPN to see me. Hopefully soon enough I will be making more progress.:)

phil

Paddington
09-11-06, 18:24
hi hun,hope you get sorted out really soon!The cpn should help too.Lots of folk lose weight when anxious OR LIKE ME they gain it!!Hey accept you are nort well at present and as long as you are having small regular meals you will be ok.It is the worrying that makes us worse!!Love mary rose.xxxxxxxxx

we are all in the same boat and can guide each other ashore

mysweetshadow
07-12-06, 13:58
Hi Friends, sorry i aint been here in a little while. I have been really taking advice, that i gained from this site and my confidence levels keep rising now. :D

Iam still really the same way that I was, only Iam starting to feel slightly less Panicky. Iam still having set backs though, but i keep pulling through them. With my Agoraphobia, I can step out my door without a worry of how Im going to feel. I still have my small comfort zone, but each week I feel like Iam breaking a barrier down. Hopefully sometime soon, Im hoping to be out and about again.

Iam still having Weight pronlems, but my stomach is starting to hold more down now. It still feels like a roller coaster though.[^] One week i can gain 2 pound, the following week I could have lost that 2 pounds and then the following week, I could gain up to six pound. My GP says its because Iam trying to be physically active again, and I have been able to gain wweight because my muscles are rebuilding.

I have had my latest blood test results back, and again they have came back normal, well except for my blood count, were Iam still low on the white blood cells. I have to go back to see my doctor on Monday, and he is looking more blood from me, but im hoping he will hold off until after the New Year.[V]

Anyways I think I have said enough for now.......[8D]

phil

Lindalou64
07-12-06, 14:12
HELLO PA AND WELCOME
IM SURE YOU WILL FIND LOTS OF ADVISE WHICH I SEEN YA ALREADY HAVE THATS GREAT AND ALSO LOTS OF GOOD PEOPLE TOO..WISH YA THE BEST.......TC LINDA[8D]