PDA

View Full Version : holes in frozen chicken bag

miss_moose
29-09-13, 14:37
I've been doing really well with my OCD recently, however today it's bad again. We bought some frozen chicken from Asda and theres lots of little holes in the bag it comes in.
Now i'm getting abit anxious about the other shopping, and my hands (which i haven't washed) are contaminated with "chicken germs" and bacteria that will make me sick.

My husband said there was another bag of chicken that had some holes in too so it must just be "what they do".

Any reassurance?

AuntieMoosie
29-09-13, 14:53
I think you'll be absolutely fine hun :)

It would be a surprise if you were to have picked up any bacteria from those tiny holes, they're probably put there to let the air in.

So long as you make sure that you wash your hands after handling any uncooked poultry, that is when it's out of it's bag, then you will be fine hun :)

blackbroom
02-10-13, 23:19
I have had a couple of similar incidents recently, where I was convinced one of the food items in my basket was contaminating the rest of the shopping.

I just had to tell myself that if you could catch food poisoning so easily from supermarket food, we'd all be ill all the time and/or the supermarkets would be closed down by environmental health.

Besides which, the chicken is frozen solid, so it's unlikely to be shedding bacteria and the bacteria won't be able to multiply at that temperature, anyway.

I'm sure you'll be fine, but I know how horrible the obsessive worry is - as my sister keeps telling me, worrying yourself silly for hours on end is more unpleasant than having the food poisoning which you're worried about.

Hope you're feeling better soon.