PDA

View Full Version : I miss my friend

oncehappy
29-09-13, 17:45
At the begining of this year my best friend died.To day for some reason I miss her so much.No tears.... just a deep quiet feeling of loss...I miss you Jenny....I think I just wanted someone to know...

Tessar
29-09-13, 19:20
I'm really sorry to hear about your loss. It's so hard when people we love die, it leaves such a gap in our lives. There doesn't have to be a specific reason why we miss someone More on certain days. i find it hard when i have lost important people from my life, but don't have anyone left that knew them too. It's like I want to talk out them & reminisce with warmth, but I'm not sure who to do that with. Maybe we need a thread for talking lovingly and with warmth about loved ones we have lost?
sending you hugs & understanding.

Edie
29-09-13, 21:17
I'm so sorry for your loss. 2 years ago my brother died. He was my best friend. I do OK most of the time, but on Friday night I had a big cry for missing him. It came out of nowhere and I'm back on track now. It's very normal in grief.

Sometimes I feel like talking, other times I just want to sit and think quietly. If you feel like talking about Jenny, we are listening. But either way, sending you a massive hug xxx

Rennie1989
29-09-13, 21:51
I'm really sorry to hear about your loss. It must be hard for you.

Is there anyone you could talk to about it? Its clearly affecting you and I think it'll do you good to get it off your chest. Or maybe visit their grave, share a few words :)

AuntieMoosie
29-09-13, 22:49
I know how you're feeling hun, me and my partner also lost a dear friend of ours to cancer back in March of this year :weep:

I don't think that a day goes by that I don't think of him in some way or other.

It's very early days yet hun, unfortunately we have to go through this awful grieving process before we can come out the other end.

It's really down to the passage of time, but I do understand, as it's all still very painful for me and what makes it worse is that my partner handles it very differently to me, he doesn't like to talk about it at all, whereas I do but, thankfully, I do have friends that I can talk to about it.

Hang in there hun, as I right this, I'm welling up with sadness, that's how much it's still hurting me. :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

"Maybe we need a thread for talking lovingly and with warmth about loved ones we have lost?"

Tessar I think this would be a lovely idea especially for people that don't have anyone to share their thoughts and feeling with, we could all share how we feel, felt and just give each other some comfort and support :hugs:

oncehappy
30-09-13, 08:11
Thankyou all for your support and kind words.....it does help.The world can be a cold place sometimes so it is nice to be able to count on NMP warmth....