PDA

View Full Version : Inspirational songs

Rennie1989
29-09-13, 22:20
Hiya guys

As I was walking to work I stumbled across a few songs on my iPod. Sometimes I'd listen to the lyrics (with the mood of the melody) and sometimes they offered support, just a little nudge to go 'It's alright, you're doing fine!'. When I'm feeling deflated or anxious certain songs give me that comfort.

So I thought we should post what songs inspire us and why! Here's my list

Don't Dream It's Over
Crowded House
- As my Panic Disorder is almost cured and my anxiety is being treated I find this song reminds me that the moment I've dreamed off (being on top of my mental health) is more-or-less arrived, and I don't need to dream about it anymore.

Strange
The Feeling
- We all worry that we're weird and people look down on as us weak and pathetic. But this song reminds me that everyone of us are weird in our own special way, but who cares? Only the people we love should care.

Basket Case
Green Day
- This goes back to my teenage years. To be honest it's more for humour.

Roses
Darren Hayes
- This has a little darker meaning. When I used to think I was better off gone listening to this song just reminded me that people WOULD miss me, even though it doesn't feel like it.

That's all I can think off at the moment, but please share your song suggestions.

debs71
29-09-13, 23:11
I find music very therapeutic. I agree that there are some songs that just say the right things, boost you up when you need it or encourage you to carry on.

The following always work for me:

Fighter - Christina Aguilera - gives me the fighting spirit.

Titanium - David Guetta ft. Sia - same thing...very strengthening for the soul.

Alive - Goldfrapp - uplifting track.

All Over The World - ELO - absolutely feel good song. Impossible not to dance around the room to this one.

Just a few I like.:)

Rennie1989
04-10-13, 22:34
Another one to add:

Incubus
Drive
- The lyrics say that fear takes control of his life but he should, in fact, take control himself, as he says 'take the wheel and steer'.

AuntieMoosie
05-10-13, 12:18
This is my all time inspirational song :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYzlVDlE72w

Aisha
07-10-13, 03:04
Rennie!! :D :hugs:

you are awesome! & I love how you encourage people so they can feel better :)

By the way, the song that helps me when dealing with bad anxiety is "who you are by Jessie J"

here are few lines from the song that motivate me the most..

Don't lose who you are in the blur of the stars!
Seeing is deceiving, dreaming is believing,
It's okay not to be okay.
Sometimes it's hard to follow your heart.
But tears don't mean you're losing, everybody's bruising,
There's nothing wrong with who you are!

Rennie1989
07-10-13, 09:21
Great songs guys :D

blue moon
08-10-13, 07:12
I like you Raise me Up,sung by Josh Grobin.