PDA

View Full Version : getting worse

elvin1
30-09-13, 07:46
hi my dep/derelization are getting worse every day had his constant now foe the past 2 years im not going to put up with this much longer might as well not be here eny
one else feel like this

xvolatileheart
30-09-13, 10:59
I'm so sorry you're suffering so badly. I've just been hit with an awful bout of DP/DR and I'm feeling so awful so I really know how you feel. Feels like I'm totally losing touch with reality and I'm losing my mind.

Are you on any meds?

elvin1
30-09-13, 12:16
no what meds are there for this

debs71
30-09-13, 13:18
I am having this myself at the moment, especially upon waking up. It hits me like a ton of bricks when I open my eyes. Just feeling like I'm not me, everything is spaced out and dreamy.

I know how awful it is, and I sympathise.

The important thing to remember is that we are not going mad, losing it, etc. It is just that our minds are so anxious and stressed that it is the brains way of trying to remove us from the anxiety. That is all.

Tackle the anxiety, and it knocks the depersonalisation out of the way.

Meds DO help for the basic symptoms by increasing serotonin in the brain which levels out things. I am on Escitalopram. It is a SSRI drug which boosts serotonin. I can recommend it as a med for dealing with anxiety and deper/dereal.

xvolatileheart
30-09-13, 16:37
Anti-depressants (SSRIs) are generally the first line treatment. Also cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), usually both in conjunction.