PDA

View Full Version : New job anxiety

Joe1976
30-09-13, 07:50
I've started a new job about a month ago and it's been a really testing time with my anxiety which seems to be worse than ever. It's a very big staff team who have been there a very long time. I am constantly worrying about what people think of me. How the patients may react( it's a mental health secure unit) and if I'm doing my job right. I have worked with mental health patients for 10 years in less secure settings so it's not really new.
Does anyone have any suggestions. My anxiety and the fact I get bored really easy always leads me to leave for a new job which I carnt keep doing.
Thanks

Rennie1989
30-09-13, 11:44
I'm sorry to hear this, we all get this when we start a new job, we want to be a part of the team and not the outsider.

If you're unsure about what you're doing why don't you speak to other staff members or your manager. As someone whose been in my job for over a year and a half if a newbie asked me to critique what they're doing I'd feel happy to offer them my opinion on what they're doing right and what could be improved. Try not to think too much about what others think about you, the more you worry the more you'll find hints that they don't like you, even though I'm sure they do. Try talking to them more, maybe offer to have drinks with them after a shift, a bit of team building.