PDA

View Full Version : Tummy ache still...

N206
06-07-04, 15:54
Had it on and off for weeks, seen 2 doctors and they say its tension cos im so tied up in knots all the time.but i try to relax and its allways there.

Its like a tight band around my tummy inline with my belly button,hurts to stretch up and hurts to walk. its relived from sitting crunched up in a ball.
Lack of hunger.. i eat the same as a 2 yr old!

and everyday i feel generally ill.low,sick,headache,dizzy,achy,tired... i can count on one hand the amount of times ive felt "normal health" since xmas..
just dont want to feel like this anymore!
x

Your stronger than you'll ever know,you control your own world.

Laurie28
06-07-04, 16:21
I think you answered your own question

Anxiety sufferersdcan have alot of problems with tummy aches/irratable bowels etc and if the doctor has given you the all clear then you must have a look at your eatng habits

A two year old doesn't eat neraly as much as an adult and you must start eating more (ease yourslef into it by eating more each day)
maybe more fruit/veg or nuts are very nutritious.

What do you eat in a day? Do you eat breakfast?

Lucky

Meg
06-07-04, 16:51
HI ,

I'm not sure what sort of response you're looking for here .

You know how you're treating yourself is not helpful to either your body or your anxiety.

I know it is so hard to change habits but I would recommend some stretching each 30 mins , some tonic water to relieve any wind and regular small amounts of bland food.

If you eating for a 2 year old than thats the amount of nutrition you're taking in and your poor body is trying to grow and repair a virtually adult body on very little. This would explain several of your symptoms.

You can help yourself back to health - but you have to make those changes.

Meg

Anxiety is a thin stream of fear trickling through the mind.
If encouraged, it cuts a channel into which all other thoughts are drained.
Robert Albert Bloch

N206
06-07-04, 17:47
its just so hard to get out of these habits im in. i dont eat breakfast..havent done for years.just never hungry when i wake up.

about lunch time ish i try to eat sometihng. usually a bag of crisps or crakers with cheese.

in the afternoon i might hav a biscuit or 2,and then my mum makes me eat a proper dinner at night. if it wasnt 4 that i might not have tea,and just pick at things during the evening.
i ocasionally have a salad 4 lunch but im just not hungry.
i dont want to eat.. it makes me feel worse.

i dont want to eat when ive got stomach ache incase it makes me sick

Meg
06-07-04, 17:53
It doesn't work that way. You may well be having stomach ache because your stomach is crying out for food.

If you're going to be sick its actually physically easier if you have some food in your stomach otherwise you will still be sick but you will be bringing up gastric juices and bile which is even worse.
Sorry if its too much detail ..

Meg

Anxiety is a thin stream of fear trickling through the mind.
If encouraged, it cuts a channel into which all other thoughts are drained.
Robert Albert Bloch

N206
06-07-04, 17:58
ewww dont tell me that! il panic bout that now!!!

i just dont like food. we dont get on! i used to love to eat out and food was a pleasure... now its burden and i hate it.
everything seems too much of an effort these days and i dont no how to break the mould and be the old me again.

seh1980
06-07-04, 18:17
Hi there,
I had tummy pains for ages until one day they finally went away. It's definetly due to tension!! My only advice would be to try not to think about it too much. The more you do, the loger it's going to be with you.
Sarah (seh1980)

charliesanangel
06-07-04, 19:47
A few months ago i had to have a huge dose of antibiotics which made me really ill i reacted really bad to them after a few days i had completey stripped my stomach lining through being sick and was having the same pain around my belly button as you discribed.

I would get sicky dizzy spells through not being able eat properly it was caused by low blood sugar i found that boiled sweets helped with that and i always made sure i had a hot milky drink first thing when i got up like tea coffee or a hot chocolate and made sure it was sweet too this also starts your metabolism off so you end up getting hungry not long after.

During the morning when i got hungry i would nibble on ginger snaps again that helped with the sickness and blood sugar levels it would also give me a little energy and at lunch time i would eat water based foods like lettuce cucumber tomatoes mango strawberries and melon which are really light on the tummy.

At tea time i would always try and have something a little heavier like a salad with a slice of ham a little cheese or a grilled chicken breast.

If you can try to avoid things like rice pasta and bread for the first few days to give your stomach chance to heal its self a little it did take a couple of weeks eating like this before i was able to eat properly but after a couple of days you will start to see a change in how you feel.

I do hope this helps you a little and maybe you could give it a try i know that what may work for one may not work for another but what you got to loose by trying it?

charlie x

nomorepanic
06-07-04, 20:19
N 206

Like others have said - you may be getting the pains because you are not eating enough and certainly from what you say you eat, it is not the healthiest of diets.

Have you mentioned your diet to the doctor and what has he said?

You need to get into a routine of eating small healthy meals a day. My stomach aches when I don't eat for a few hours so yours must be screaming out for food.

Please try to look after yourself a little better and try not to stress too much about the stomach as that is obviously making it worse.

Try some milk - that always helps me with a stomach ache and is nutritious too.

You have to overcome this battle with food or you will end up with serious health problems and will never feel better.

Look after your body and it will look after you [^]

Nicola