PDA

View Full Version : Heart again. Broken record

mummyanxious
30-09-13, 09:07
Well my heart fears are building again. I just want a normal life.
Yesterday we were out shopping and while I was lifting stuff onto the counter out the trolly and my heart started skipping.
Normal normal skip normal normal skip normal normal skip. This must have gone on for at least ten seconds and I think in the end I coughed.

This morning I've had frequent skipped beats. A lot when I bend over, a lot when I lift my child. Today I started to feel lighted with it.
I cannot keep going back to the dr for them to say the same thing to me but I just feel like none of this is normal and its depressing me I can't live a normal life.

tiff123
30-09-13, 11:15
I have something like this. Ended up seeing a cardiologist (no better person to trust on such matters). Sometimes skipped beats, sometimes thuds, often when bending like you say.

Turns out it's a minor condition and wont cause any actual problems.

Mine has settled down a lot now I don't worry about it.

If your GP has told you are fine you have to try and accept it as hard as that maybe.

Keep in mind when HA rears up we always think this time is the exception of something that will kill us and we have always been wrong.

mummyanxious
30-09-13, 11:43
So is yours an actual condition as opposed to just ectopic beats? What tests did you have to detect it?

tiff123
30-09-13, 11:50
My condition is that I have sometimes ectopic beats. No actual dangerous condition.

Apparently a lot of people have them but not everyone feels them.

Diagnosis was based on verbal description of symptoms and 48 hour heart monitor both determined by cardiologist.

BTW he said I should find the results very reassuring and no treatment needed.

mummyanxious
30-09-13, 16:49
I was told the same but when you get a batch running for a few seconds its frightening. I'm not sure why it keeps happening when I've been stood for a while as well like when I'm carrying my child. And why bending over.

tiff123
30-09-13, 18:16
If you have been told this is what you have then rest assured this is all ok and wont harm you at all.

Once we trust our docs, the anxiety becomes less and so the symptoms can reduce.

I was having the heart symptoms all the time a year+ ago and now between once every few weeks to every few months on a good stretch.

They soon pass, its become a minor inconvenience but nothing anxiety causing so can be the same for you as soon as you accept them as part of normal you and something that wont actually hurt you.

I hope this helps :)

mummyanxious
30-09-13, 19:56
You know what I'd grown to accept them a few months back. They would be just a dull annoyance. But now I've got this lightheaded feeling with them that worries me. I keep trying to tell myself that they have to change the way they manifest to keep me on my toes but its not working at the moment. Today has been a bad day with them.

tiff123
30-09-13, 21:06
Is the lightheaded only during the heart symptom coming on? And goes again when the heart thing goes? Or does it stay?

Could well be the stress and anxiety taking its toll.

If you are worried about the heart thing still and so that is causing stress (and thereby making heart thing worse) I think there is an option of meds which can reduce the skipping beats etc.

So if you are still worried then speak to your doc but know that you would be speaking about meds for helping with how it "feels" not because you need something curing for safety's sake.. if that makes sense.

Hope you have a good sleep and a better day tomorrow.

mummyanxious
01-10-13, 07:38
Yes that makes sense.
It's when I get a run of them. But I don't know if its because I tense up and perhaps don't breathe properly :/
I've tried beta blockers but they didn't really make much difference and my bp is quite low so didn't want to make it lower and feel even worse.