PDA

View Full Version : opticians

unsure_about_this
30-09-13, 11:35
I went for the 2nd time this year to the opticians because I was worried about blurred vision etc (whether this was anxiety or not)

I need new prescriptions for my eyes. The eye doctor had a good look in my eyes and could not see any pressure or any signs of what could be a brain tumour.

I also worried about diabetes but think the opticians could pick up this and possible the dentist in your mouth.

Do I trust the eye doctor that he could not see anything worrying, I should do.

I did get asked whether I been to the doctors about this, it tricky getting into the doctors, I been so many times this year and fear one more time this year. I could be kicked off their list

Shelly15
30-09-13, 14:15
Same as me I've had blurry vision and went to get my eyes tested and needed new glasses but u still get blurred vision I'm convinced I've got diabetes but if you can't get to the doctors then if you go in to Lloyd's pharmacy I'm sure they can do you a diabetic test it takes 30 seconds, hope that helps

unsure_about_this
30-09-13, 17:02
Hi Shelly

Thank you reply I will see how I go with my new glasses next week.

I really want a diabetes check even though we don't have any family history or glaucoma. I am not overweight, I don't need to pee a lot at night, or tiredness. Could this have started with my worries about diabetes with my Granddad (even though he is not blood relative)

I did have my blood pressure checked earlier this year, I got quizzed by the nurse at the practice why I wanted one doing, because of my condition NF (I read online about a risk of high blood pressure.) even though I had one done before the camera up my backside.

As for drinking I try not to drink too much fizz, but just getting over a cold. I don't think I have lost weight.

Shelly15
30-09-13, 19:48
I had my blood sugaer level checked a yer ago and it was fine I don't have any family history of it either I just think I have it. I did keep needing a drink and going to toilet a few months ago but drs put it down to anxiety and it's not so bad now but I'm still convinced I have it. I always have high blood pressure when I go to the drs as I'm so scared so I never have a correct reading.

http://www.lloydspharmacy.com/en/info/DiabetesService this is the link to the free diabetic test at Lloyd's so you don't have to go to the drs :)