PDA

View Full Version : Thyroid ultrasound on Monday..worried sick

kitn77
01-10-13, 21:28
Hi I went to the Dr yesterday for a check up/Physical and she felt a lump in my thyroid. I've had a "multi nodular goitre" in my thyroid for years. It was first discovered in 2006 when my hubby and I moved to the U.S (We're Australian). They put the fear of god into me then and I had to have a biopsy it came back inconclusive and there was no way I was going to have my thyroid removed when I got no definite answer of it being malignant. So we did a watch on it, I've had it scanned every couple of years and it has not changed in size, the last ultrasound said it had the features of a benign nodule. So I have to go for an ultrasound again to check it, Ive had no problems and all my blood tests and physical came back perfect. I'm just so terrified if it's grown or the Doctors scare me to death. I've handled things so badly in the past with HA, worrying myself senseless, no sleeping or eating and imagining cancer. My poor husband has been right through it with me and I don't want to put either of us thru this again. How do I get through the next 5 days without worrying then waiting on the results? I really do not want to waste my life like this, I'm just terrified. My logical mind says if it was cancer I'd be very ill or even dead by now as it's been there for years yet I still can't shake the fear..

kitn77
02-10-13, 15:01
anyone..please??

cdancel
04-10-13, 20:47
I haven't had this problem but have heard that thyroid cancer is VERY curable. I have to get mine checked soon due to a genetic condition which predisposes me towards this type of cancer so have been reading up on it. :) I think the nodules would have grown noticeabley over that long a period of time if it was cancerous. Of course it is good you are doing everything you can to get it checked out. Currently I am awaiting biopsy results of hundreds of polyps found in my stomach. I won't get them until Monday so know the waiting game is a tough one. We're renting a cabin this weekend and going boating and fishing. I am going to spend as little time as possible dwelling on things I can't change. I am doing everything I can to take care of my condition as are you. Try to focus on that and have fun this weekend, watch some comedies, clean the house, do something you enjoy that will take your mind off of worry.