PDA

View Full Version : Catch 22!

Kez_miller
01-10-13, 22:20
Hi guys, as some of you may have read in recent weeks, i have a had a bit of a rough time of things to say the least, my grandmother is really ill, my grandfather as been diagnosed with lung cancer, i lost my job, and my house, my relationship with my partner of six years is on the rocks and i am now the sole carer for my grandparents at the age of 22!

heres the problem, living with my grandparents, at the moment is a nightmare, they're abusive too me, they say i don't do nothing to help even though i do everything i can to care for them (meals, cleaning, drinks etc...) they call me fat, tell me no1 wants me and won't let me finish my sentences with anything before jumping down my throat, they keep threatening to call the police to get me out (even though ive done nothing but help and love them) and generally are nasty too me! i have never known anyone to be so abusive to a member of their family that is clearly there to help and cares about them more than anything in the world.

Thing is, its making my health anxiety, my GD, my IBS, my GERD and everything else related with anxiety a hell of a lot worse....they begged me to move in and help so i did and this is how its turned out. Only trouble is, now i have no job, so therefore no money to get a deposit for a new rental home. the council wont look twice at me because i have shelter and i have no family i can stay with. Im not eating because they have no food in except things like soup for them, and i have no money except my carers of £50 a week of whch they demand i give them £40 a week to live with them or im out!

i don't know where to turn im out of options! my health as shot down hill since all this and it will only get worse. I love them more than anything as they raised my from birth but surely enough is enough! im that down and hungry and anx that i seen they left £20 on the side and shamefully i considered stealing from my own grandparents. i have never stole or even thought about stealing anything in my life, i never would & i didn't but that is how much im stuck in a rut! not sure what i hope to gain from telling you all this but i guess it just feels a bit of a release to write it all down!

tiff123
01-10-13, 23:16
That sounds really awful, obviously no one should put up with abuse. I'm assuming you can't stay with your gf or friends for a short while?

Can you search for a temporary job to give you enough cash to get your own place if needed?

I hope things get better for you soon. Even though your grandparents are ill, you should not have to put up with this.