PDA

View Full Version : VIRUS

kimkitson77
02-10-13, 00:38
Hi all just after some advice and reassurance.
For nearly 6 days I have had a very bad headache. It pounds and throbs I did have a fever but that seams to have cleared up I have some vomiting but mainly naseua. Iv seen a doctor and dpoke with two who tell me its nothing serious and sounds like a virus.
Do you or know somebody who has been suffering the same? I suffer bad with health anxiety.
Also thought I'd mention im currently suffering with an infected tooth which I've just finished my antibiotic course.

Please any advice would be great.
Kim

greenlady
02-10-13, 09:04
Sounds like a virus.there are lots of them about at the moment I have had one for weeks started in my sinuses and have had antibiotics for it ..now left with a horrible cough and my IBS has kicked in due to antibiotics I think.

ankietyjoe
02-10-13, 18:36
Do you or know somebody who has been suffering the same? I suffer bad with health anxiety.

Me, my partner and our five year old son, who is also complaining of headaches.

There's loads of it about.

kimkitson77
04-10-13, 07:21
Thank you for your replies. Virus seams to be clearing up now.

Speranza
04-10-13, 11:11
Almost everyone I know has had this one. My daughter woke in the night to throw up with it. I just had the headache for a few days. I am REALLY hoping it is this year's flu, and that I've had it and done!

ankietyjoe
05-10-13, 13:10
This is kicking our ass at the moment.

Both myself and my partner are still suffering with it after 5 days, in fact it's been a bit of a slow burner in that it reached a peak yesterday after 3-4 days of slowly coming on.

It's not like a normal cold either where you feel crap fairly quickly. We have no congestion etc that you normally expect, just an overwhelming fatigue and weakness that usually occurs the days after a bad bout of cold/flu.

The boy is on the mend though, so that's one good thing. :)

emlica
08-10-13, 11:29
I think I have this at the minute as well - sounds just like you've described. A slow burner indeed - have felt a bit dodgy on and off for over a week and then yesterday actually got the proper headache, slightly high temperature, felt knackered. Expected to wake up this morning with a full-blown cold, but it's just the same, no congestion in my nose or much sneezing, just a catchy throat, slightly 'thick' feeling in my ears, and a head/neck ache.

simi
08-10-13, 15:09
Can relate to all those symptoms, have had headaches sinus and neck and ear pain on and of for the last four weeks my husband has the same, had antibiotics but they did very little,it seems to be a really nasty virus that lasts a long time, think we all need some T.L.C

ankietyjoe
08-10-13, 16:25
Can relate to all those symptoms, have had headaches sinus and neck and ear pain on and of for the last four weeks my husband has the same, had antibiotics but they did very little,it seems to be a really nasty virus that lasts a long time, think we all need some T.L.C

Antibiotics are completely ineffective on a Virus.

emlica
08-10-13, 16:32
Antibiotics are completely ineffective on a Virus.

Indeed. Though I guess sometimes when things are long-lasting docs think it might be bacterial rather than viral so they give the antibiotics a go just in case. A friend of mine who's a doctor says the vast majority of bugs like this are viral - including the majority of sinus infections. I think the problem is that people hear the word 'infection' and assume antibiotics are the answer, when in fact - as greenlady hinted at further up the thread - they often cause more problems than they solve, especially if you already have digestive issues or you've taken a lot of antibiotics in your time.

simi
08-10-13, 16:37
I was prescribed antibiotics on the phone not very good is it!!!!