PDA

View Full Version : Pain in stomach

Pcdaft
02-10-13, 08:37
Hi I have had this pain in my upper stomach for about three weeks now been to doc and she said it was my hithus hernia up my meds ? But it is not going away I am going back today it's like a dull ache and feeling bloated and still have gas mut not as music has before ? It comes and goes I have two good days and three bad days it seems to get better when I eat something for a wee while and when I'm hungry it hurts as well ? But don't know if it is hunger pains or my stomach plying up ? Can anyone help plz going out my mind with worry ?

Hypo
02-10-13, 08:43
If you are going back today then that is a good thing. My granddad has a H hernia and it causes him dreadful discomfort. He can only control it but it is always playing him up.

I am sure your GP will reassure you today that it is nothing to worry about. No doubt anxiety doesn't help.

You are going to be fine xx Try to distract yourself until your appointment.

HoneyLove
02-10-13, 20:33
Hi I have had this pain in my upper stomach for about three weeks now been to doc and she said it was my hithus hernia up my meds ? But it is not going away I am going back today it's like a dull ache and feeling bloated and still have gas mut not as music has before ? It comes and goes I have two good days and three bad days it seems to get better when I eat something for a wee while and when I'm hungry it hurts as well ? But don't know if it is hunger pains or my stomach plying up ? Can anyone help plz going out my mind with worry ?

Hi there, sorry you're going through this! I have hiatus hernia too and it's a big nuisance! Stress & anxiety definitely make it a *lot* worse as your stomach tends to tighten and it will create extra acid.

The best thing you can do is just learn to manage it - learning relaxation methods & stress relief, eat small meals and never overeat, chew your food fully, avoid foods that create extra acid and irritate the stomach, don't sit down straight away after eating and avoid exercise that crunches the stomach.

If you're in a lot of pain it's best to talk to your doctor about it though. Make sure you're taking the meds on an empty stomach, I was told that they work best this way.

Pcdaft
02-10-13, 22:54
Hi doc said I have just pulled or strained sme mucles in my chest and back ? That's why I'm getting pain there and she said my stomach feels a lot better than last week need yo go now as I am falling asleep writing this x