PDA

View Full Version : turned a corner but now feel like I'm going back :(

roxy90
02-10-13, 10:29
Hi guys.
So I haven't posted on here for a while, I;ve been doing really well. Ive not googled or discussed anything medical , most of my pains went I started to live life, happy again. I'm even moving home which is a massive achievement for me, before I refused to look because I was going to die , what was the point?

I get my keys on friday and it should be a fresh start for us as a family. I've been happy but now my chest pains are coming back again. A bit of background for those who dont know I've had 4 ECGs in the summer as well as 2 bloods and 1 chest Xray whch came back clear.

My pains cleared for a while but now theyre back again. I've not been to the doctors for weeks (from going every other day) so I'm reluctant to start going again. Theyre usually central , although sometimes go from left to right. The top of chest and my breastbone at the bottom is tender to touch (A few months ago a doctor said I had costochondritis ).

Bascially, I'm paranoid I have blocked arteries. I had high cholesterol as a child, and to me now this means my arteries will be fully blocked now Im in my 20s. I read an article about a man dying aged 30 because he had high cholesterol since he was born. This has only compounded my fear.

My mother says I wasn't born with high cholesterol, but how would she know? It's not like I was tested then. she also says it takes more than 20 years to fully block arteries but I'm just not convinced.

I'm really annoyed my pains have returned now I'm starting to sort myself out. I'm scared I've killed myslf already with my stupid cholesterol. I feel like I have no time to turn it around bevause theyre already blocked and its just a matter of time. I can feel me going back to what I used to be, which is certianly what I dont want.

Argh :(

mummyanxious
02-10-13, 11:16
Have you had your cholesterol checked lately?

skippy66
02-10-13, 12:58
Don't waste your 20's worrying about cholesterol like I did!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bellesmummy
02-10-13, 13:04
Maybe you're getting anxious about moving house? It is one of the top stressful things you can go through! I moved house back in February and while it was a very exciting time it was also very very stressful. I didn't realise at the time how badly it had affected me but I hit rock bottom not long after the move! Make sure you don't take on all the stress of moving by yourself get whatever help you can!

roxy90
02-10-13, 14:02
No I haven't had my cholesterol checked. Only because if it came back high I would be genuinely frightened that I'd had 20 years of high cholesterol therefore an immenent death! I am in eating healthier to reduce it if it is high though.

Skippy, I would love to! Its the fact I know I had it when I was younger, it was discovered at 10ish but obivously I don't know when it started, which is the worst. I assume I had it from birth therefore I;m now 22 and that means I've had 22 years of harderning arteries and now I'm going to die. It sounds completely bonkers written down, but then I read an article about a man dying at 30 because he haad high cholesterol from birth and I',m like no thats me :(

I am excited to move house. I've been putting it off because of my anxiety and fear that im on deaths door but now I feel like I'm just back at the beginning again, worrying about my heart!

mummyanxious
02-10-13, 14:35
You might be in the same boat as me, so much adrenalin over awful stressful situations that my body can't destinfuish the adrenalin of excitement to that of panic and anxiety so its confused :(

Only way to tel is by getting it checked but I can understand your worries.

roxy90
02-10-13, 14:52
I know I should get them done, but I'm scared stiff. If they come back high that means my arteries must be blocked, its frightening. I just struggle to cope wih the fact I could have blocked arteries at only 22, its scary :(