PDA

View Full Version : My trip to the dentist, :'(

Rennie1989
06-07-04, 22:08
Hiya peeps

not so long ago i went to the dentist, check up, and it was horrible.

wen i was there they checked me and my bro but she said to m that i needed a small filling in my tooth but that was not all, im in risk o gum disease

can u tell me about gum disease plz

Scooter Girl

if i wa hungry would u feed me, if i fell u you help me up, if i was crying would brush away my tears

nomorepanic
06-07-04, 22:21
I think gum disease is basically a build up of plaque and the gums get red and sore.

Take a look at this ....

http://www.nidr.nih.gov/health/newsandhealth/gumDiseasesPub.asp#whatCauses

You need to be brushing very thororoughly and with a decent toothbrush and then you will be less at risk.

Don't worry too much about it Jade ok - the dentist will advise you on what to do.

Nicola

Rennie1989
06-07-04, 22:26
its coz my dad uses this toothpaste, so we all have to use it, i think it weak tooth paste. i honestly brush em!!!!!!!!!!!!

i feel really worried about it though, im in risk, high risk!!!!!!!!!

Scooter Girl

if i wa hungry would u feed me, if i fell u you help me up, if i was crying would brush away my tears

nomorepanic
06-07-04, 22:32
You need a toothpaste with fluoride in it that is all really Jade.

Brush them twice a day and for 2 minutes on each side - back and front.

An electric toothbrush helps too.

Nicola

Elle-Kay
07-07-04, 08:37
Also, some dental floss might help, to make sure nothing tiny is caught between the tighter areas between your teeth. It's available from any superstore or chemist I think. It costs a few pounds, but you usually get enough on the roll to last you several months at the very least :)

~* Do what you want. Nobody else will do it for you *~

twister
07-07-04, 13:44
I hate all dentists. I had to have an emergency filling done privately 2 weeks ago and it cost me £120 for an amalgam one. Since then it has been hurting more and more so today I went to my dentist and now I have to have root canal on it which costs more money and my £120 filling will only have been in 2 weeks. AAAGGGGGH. And I am in pain too. Lots of it.[xx(]

Emily

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit
Understanding is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad

nomorepanic
07-07-04, 14:49
Hi Em

What a waste of money eh? They ought to give you a refund on that!!

As for the toothache - have you tried clove oil - tastes yuck so don't swallow it but it really eases the pain and numbs it for a while.

Hope the tooth will be ok :(

Nicola

Rennie1989
07-07-04, 19:29
ow my gosh emily, that is a total waste of dosh!!!!!!!!

thanx for that site nic, alot of info there

Scooter Girl

twister
08-07-04, 14:18
Stuff the clove oil, I am mainlining Ibuprofen!

Emily

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit
Understanding is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad

Meg
08-07-04, 16:20
brandy / whisky soaked gauze helps temporarily too .

Meg