PDA

View Full Version : Finished!

meche
02-10-13, 15:12
My final root canal appt was today..... all done, finished, finito, over :yesyes:!!!
I can't tell you how happy I am. Also had a small filling & a good clean. Have one more appt next week for another filling but then it's down to 6 monthly check ups! Phew. I started off 6 weeks ago being scared sh**less, going to highly nervous, mildly nervous and now just taking it with a pinch of salt. I read alot of posts on here about people being afraid to go to the dentist but believe me when I say it won't be half as bad as you think. If you were like me and thinking the worst then the fear has already set in. Go with the fear - I'm a big scaredy cat so if I can do it anybody can. :yesyes: :D xx

AuntieMoosie
02-10-13, 19:49
Well done Meche :yesyes:

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j318/moreslushymandy/Yay/CongratulationsYouDidIt_zps69e1f61d.gif

:hugs: :bighug1: :hugs: :bighug1: :hugs: :bighug1: :hugs:

Speranza
02-10-13, 20:08
:hugs:

Annie0904
02-10-13, 20:09
:yahoo: Well done!

almamatters
02-10-13, 20:11
Really well done Meche , you must be so relieved, but great you have got through it! I agree , it never is as bad as we think it is going to be. :hugs: xx

meche
03-10-13, 00:07
Thanks guys. I don't praise myself very often but I'm very proud of myself..... and a little annoyed. If I'd known it was going to be this easy then I would have saved myself a lot of grief instead of worrying myself to death! You live & you learn. xxx

dally
03-10-13, 08:51
Hi meche

Firstly very very well done!!!

People post on here all the time about how really really scared they are to face dentists, doctors, parties, or indeed just a walk out their front door!!
But, what they will and should learn is that WE can all do it and cope!!

IT IS NEVER AS BAD AS WE THINK IT IS GOING TO BE!!

And for example with dentists, where we nearly always HAVE to go back a few times for further treatment and scale and polish... It does get easier the more we go back.

Although when the next six monthly checkup comes along. Why oh why do we forget so quickly that it really wasn't that bad and the anxiety starts again!!!

Thing is....we HAVE to go to the dentist. We have no choice!! Or we would get absesses etc.
The bad thing with other anxious behaviours is that we dont HAVE to do things and the negative side of that could lead to total isolation.

So please everyone, remember the positives, like the successful dentist visits Meche has just completed.