PDA

View Full Version : What do I do?

Tinker28
02-10-13, 16:07
Hi.

Now I know I've even posting a lot lately but I just want to know how u turn off your mind worries I can't distract myself cause working and my job is watching people I'm secriuty abc it's a very boring job, when my anxiety is high like now u get symptoms of doom and then I can't sham em. I really want to go home but I know I can't. I've lost my appite which is probably not helping my symptoms I'm having. I don't know what to do? I can't cope at anything any more. What do I do?

tiff123
02-10-13, 16:11
Yeah being bored at work wont help you mind stay off things, that is difficult.

Do you have a doc you can trust to talk this over with? Things like cbt might really help you.

I hope you feel better soon :)

Tinker28
02-10-13, 17:21
Thank you for your reply, my doctor really isn't interested in my anxiety so he is out. I need therapy and fast. I can't live this way anymore I'm working so many hours that it's hard to get professional help when I have no time I always put others before myself and I want need the help but don't know how to ask for it? Does that sound right?? I have no problem talking to h guys but when it comes to it I have no idea where to start! I'm so very tired!!!! The only thing keeping me going is my son.:weep:

---------- Post added at 16:21 ---------- Previous post was at 15:24 ----------

How do you get CBT?

tiff123
02-10-13, 19:39
In my case I asked my doc what the therapy options were for anxiety and she listed meds or cbt so I said I'd do cbt, but it was several month waiting list, could be more or less in your area.

If your not happy with your doc its well worth changing (whether that be a diff doc at the same practise or moving to a different practise altogether).

I'm moving house soon so need to shop around myself :)

Tinker28
02-10-13, 19:50
Yes you are so right but so isn't easy by far.