PDA

View Full Version : Sad tonight my friend from therapy has died

ElizabethJane
02-10-13, 19:27
I had a phone call this afternoon from the daughter of someone I knew whilst in therapy at the Priory. I knew that she had called to say that he had died. He had written to me about eighteen months ago to say that he had leukaemia. I'm glad that I have been told as I often wondered how he was doing? I can't identify where he was living or where the funeral will be. I don't think that I will be able to go although I would like to as it will be a big drive something I am unable to do. There is a contact with the funeral directors so perhaps there is a book of condolence there. He was a lovely man very supportive and likeable. I am very sorry that he has died. I expect that he was ready to die as he has planned specific things to happen at the funeral. I hope that when my time comes that I am as fully prepared as he was. EJ.

Edie
02-10-13, 19:43
I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend. That's such sad news.

I think it's important to remember people some way if you can't get to the funeral. Perhaps you could send a letter to his daughter and tell her about your favourite memory of your friend.

Annie0904
02-10-13, 19:46
I am sorry to hear about the loss of your friend EJ. Sending you hugs :hugs::hugs:

daisydaisy
02-10-13, 19:49
Hi EJ,

I'm so sorry for your loss. I agree with Edie a letter would be lovely or if not I hope you can get hold of someone to pass on your condolences.

Xx

AuntieMoosie
02-10-13, 20:15
I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend EJ.

I can't attend funerals either, I just can't as they make me ill afterwards, I mean depressed ill.

I agree with Edie, sending a nice letter or card with a nice memory of your friend will be lovely hun.

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

ElizabethJane
02-10-13, 20:43
Thank you. I will contact the funeral home and see what the family would like us to do? I can't attend because I am phobic about driving long distances. It would be tricky taking some time off too. EJ

AuntieMoosie
03-10-13, 19:34
It's not your fault hun, I'm the same, funerals do literally make me ill, I don't know why, but they just do.

The majority of people are very understanding and wouldn't expect you to be there hun :)

That's a good idea to find out what the family want to do hun :hugs:

Emphyrio
03-10-13, 19:54
Sorry to hear that :( Sending you hugs

oncehappy
04-10-13, 10:23
Sorry to hear about the loss of your friend...The two main reasons for a funeral service are to show your support for the family and loved ones of the person who has died and for you to say your goodbyes.You can show support to the family by letter,card or flowers etc.If I am unable to go to a funeral I find out the time of the service and make my way to a quiet place and mentally say my goodbyes...just placing a flower in your favourite place in the garden as you say good bye can help so much..

clarisse
04-10-13, 14:47
So sorry about your friend Elizabeth.
I dont go to funerals if I can help it as they make me feel very depressed afterwards.
As you don't have the family address,i'd send a card to the Funeral home expressing your Condolences.
Driving a long distance when you feel unable and having difficulty taking time off of work isn't something to feel bad about.
:bighug:

Tessar
04-10-13, 16:17
EJ, i only just saw your thread. I'm so sorry about your friend dying. The way you describe him he sounds like a really lovely man. I can appreciate why you'd feel very sorry that he has died. If he was ready to die & planned specific things to happen at his funeral then that is some comfort I suppose. If I were in your situation I'd find it quite hard this has happened. Since therapy has helped you and he was part of being helped then it must have still be hard for you to hear the news, even if you might have anticipated it at some point. Isnt it just horrible when you get that phonecall? Well, EJ, sending you hugs and you are in my thoughts. x