PDA

View Full Version : Feeling really lost and alone...I don't know what to do.

Kenna5027
02-10-13, 19:43
I've had anxiety for about 5 good years now, some GA but mostly a lot of HA. It was coming under control; it's certainly been better.

But now my GA is just awful, and I feel really trapped, lost, alone, sad, down, etc. I just feel terrible.

Most of my anxiety comes from school; I'm currently a senior at college, in a major where I HAVE to go to grad school to find a job. However, I don't think I want to do that anymore, and besides, I don't think I can get in. My grades are fine, but my major's department is really small and while most of the other people have good connections with the professors (who will write recommendations) I don't at all.

Anyway....I have tried so, so hard to figure this out. I have seen a counselor about my anxieties, but while she was helpful, I couldn't stop thinking that there wasn't really anything she could do to help me anyway. I've seen career counselors, who also tried to help but I still have no idea. In fact, I JUST came from a meeting with one, and she just left me feeling really discouraged about my current plans to get a general degree in business (I would have to stay in school longer, but I'm fine with that).

On top of all this, my twin brother is also having major anxieties about his career, so my parents are doing their best to help him find his direction. I haven't said anything about my fears and doubts -- and I'm stressed about upsetting or disappointing them.

It's just been rough. I woke up a couple of nights ago in a panic attack, thinking about talking to my mother about all of this, and ended up crying myself back to sleep. Last night I woke up about midnight, really confused and dazed, but again, panicking.

I've never felt this badly before....I don't know what to do anymore. I've tried getting help, but it's not really all that helpful.