PDA

View Full Version : How do you deal with your anxiety

Blondiegirl1
02-10-13, 22:54
Hello,
I'm back. haven't been on here for a while, thought I was getting better and free from this anxiety Nightmare:weep: But it is like an rollercoaster ride. Some days you are up and some days you are down. I'm at the point right now where I feel like I can't breathe and I have to make myself breathe. It brings on panic and throws me into a panic attack. Does anyone else get this feeling that they can't breathe and what do you do to control it?? I also am getting some chest pain and I know it is from the anxiety issues I have been dealing with. I just need some re- assurance that it will be okay from other anxiety suffers that know what I'm talking about. Maybe a few hugs also :bighug1:Thanks.

Thomas1993
03-10-13, 12:48
I've been suffering from anxiety for 2 months now. For the first month I let it take control of me and any time the symptoms came I would just freak out and think the worst. After a little bit of CBT and talks with other people I decided that if something bad was going to happen, it surely would have happened in the first month! I've adapted to the mentality of- I'm just going to live my life and if something bad does happen then I'll worry then! So for the past months any time a symptom occurs I just tell myself I'm fine and the main thing is focus your mind elsewhere! I know it's really hard to concentrate on other things when you have chest pains and what not but it does go away. I've found playing games on my phone helps, watching something you enjoy on tv and try watch something you haven't seen before because I've found myself getting distracted watching repeats! For me just now the symptoms haven't gone away after a month of doing this, some days they are better, some days they are worse but let me tell you, ignoring them really does help live your life I've been able to do so much more than I could last month.

All the best x

EnoughAlready
03-10-13, 14:33
Hello,
I'm back. haven't been on here for a while, thought I was getting better and free from this anxiety Nightmare:weep: But it is like an rollercoaster ride. Some days you are up and some days you are down. I'm at the point right now where I feel like I can't breathe and I have to make myself breathe. It brings on panic and throws me into a panic attack. Does anyone else get this feeling that they can't breathe and what do you do to control it?? I also am getting some chest pain and I know it is from the anxiety issues I have been dealing with. I just need some re- assurance that it will be okay from other anxiety suffers that know what I'm talking about. Maybe a few hugs also :bighug1:Thanks.

Exactly what you are saying blondegirl. I have those EXACT same symptoms. Had them for 5 days last week and 3 days ths week - today I am ok.

I feel like its an effort to get a breathe in and whern I dio it never feels like it fills my lungs enough. I sometimes breathe in really deeply and quickly just to feel like I have satisfied my lungs that enough air has been taken in.

One thing that does help is some deep breathing - in through the nose - hold and then slowly out again and as someone else says distract yourself and you won't think about it

Blondiegirl1
03-10-13, 21:26
Thank you for your replies, Anxiety is an illness and is hard to control. I just take one day at a time.