PDA

View Full Version : Heart failure?:(

bashley
03-10-13, 09:45
Hi i am really worried i have had a bad cough and cold and have felt really ill, i was due to have an operation but it had to be cancelled due to my cold. The thing is the last few days when i have been rinsing my mouth first thing in the morning i have had a bit of blood and today the mucus was a bit pinky. I am obsessed by heart problems and when i looked up on internet it said it can mean heart failure. I had echo, ecg and portable heart and bp monitor back in June and have seen a cardiologist and he said it was fine. I know one dr mentioned about mild mr trace but the cardiologist said it was fine and a lot of people have that and its nothing to worry about. But i am really freaking out. I get palpatations but again the cardiologist they are normal and lots of people suffer from them. I am so scared that i may have heart failure the cardiologist said everything is fine and i can go ahead with my operation once im over my cold. Is pinky phlegm something to worry about

tiff123
03-10-13, 10:01
I've had the heart fear in the past, with palps starting over a year ago.

I saw a cardiologist too who said I have minor ectopic beats and its really fine.

I think they can flare up with anxiety. Mine are much less now I don't worry about them.

Onto your current symptoms... I've had an annoying bug for weeks now and when I finally got to see the gp I trust (seen her for 10 years and shes v sympathetic with the anxiety)..

She told me yes def "head cold" and even warned me IF I started to see blood in phlegm that was not anything to worry for (just part of bad cold) BUT she might at that point consider antibiotics.

As that didn't happen I didn't ask more questions on that topic but if you speak to your gp you might find the bleeding is because you have really inflammed sinus/something in that area.

Hope you feel better soon.

bashley
03-10-13, 10:11
Aw thanks for the reply Tiff i get so scared with every symptom my hubby keeps saying stay away from Google. You have put my mind at ease a bit