PDA

View Full Version : question for people who have or had chest pain/discomfort

eddy1608
03-10-13, 14:25
i ve had this a year now daily just wondering how long other suffers have had this?? also i ve noticed if i move or stretch a certain way i feel the discomfort more would that indicate its a muscular problem? like everyone who has this i think its my heart even tho ive had 3 ekgs and bloodwork and i am only 24 so its driving me mad to be honest.
thanks for listening

scared22
03-10-13, 14:37
I would say that if it gets worse certain ways you move it does sound muscular. Something very common in anxiety!

JustJules
03-10-13, 14:58
eddy, I've had this on and off and I would say for sure that it's muscular, especially if it's affected by the way you move and you've had the heart tests....have you tried ibuprofen or some other anti-inflammatory? There's a name for muscular chest problems but I can't remember what it is...somebody else may know.

almamatters
03-10-13, 16:44
I am suffering with this currently and am very worried about my heart, mine is worse when I move. I have had 3 ECG's and blood tests and apart from anxiety related fast heart beat all is apparently ok. Can they pick up all heart problems with an ECG? I don't know if JustJules is referring to Costochondritis which is a kind of muscular chest pain condition .

chasingdogma
03-10-13, 18:21
I am suffering with this currently and am very worried about my heart, mine is worse when I move. I have had 3 ECG's and blood tests and apart from anxiety related fast heart beat all is apparently ok. Can they pick up all heart problems with an ECG? I don't know if JustJules is referring to Costochondritis which is a kind of muscular chest pain condition .

It's more than likely this.^^^^ Inflammation of the cartilage connecting your ribcage to the sternum. I've gotten it many times... takes a while to go away but is easily treatable with OTC pain meds.

panickyme
03-10-13, 18:38
Ughhhhh, do I know how you feel. The heart worry is my biggest thing, and like the rest of us here, I have had many aches, and many test, all say anxiety, and muscular. You have been checked, and if it aches when you move, I would definitely chalk it up to muscular, but I totally understand the worry, despite what the test results say, when that pain hits, it freaks you out. You are not alone on this one. :hugs:

almamatters
03-10-13, 18:50
It's more than likely this.^^^^ Inflammation of the cartilage connecting your ribcage to the sternum. I've gotten it many times... takes a while to go away but is easily treatable with OTC pain meds.

Thanks for that, I feel slightly calmer at the moment, I know panicking is making all this worse.

eddy1608
03-10-13, 20:43
its so frustrating and at the age of 24 heart problems is pretty slim i was told by a doctor when i went up the hospital. i also try to remember if i notice when i occupy my self but i cant say for sure if i notice it or not so that must mean i dont really notice it if i am busy. just want to feel normal again but its been so long i dont think i know what normal is lol

christie
04-10-13, 06:25
I have this on and off too, its horrible. Ive had ecgs before and they have been fine. Afew weeks ago I had to go to drs cos I was having chest pains and he gave me a good physical and said my heart sounded perfectly normal, so was confident that the pains were due to tension in my back. Can they be so sure by a physical check??

demm
04-10-13, 14:23
Eddy this happens to me too and ive had constant chest pains for the last few months despite being 22 and healthy. Horrible to live with and makes my anxiety terrible. Thanks for bringing it up.:yesyes:

kirstyg
04-10-13, 20:48
Heart anxiety is my biggest pain too! Im terrified that every twitching muscle is a heart attack. I agree with previous comments .... muscle pain! Anxiety causes your muscles to tense so it seems likely.
I hope you feel more relaxed soon and then the tension should ease

bhbest
08-10-13, 14:36
46 y/o wm. My ekg's are text book normal according to my doc. In fact the last 7 years he said he can take one scan from 2007 and sit it side by side with one from today and not tell it was done 7 years ago they are so similar. Yet I worry about my heart. I have pains from time to time all over my chest and abdomen. One episode a while back had such a soreness when I touched right over my heart it was almost stinging everytime I touched. I was told years ago by an er doc that this was called musculoskeletal chest pain and is normal.

---------- Post added at 08:36 ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 ----------

I have this on and off too, its horrible. Ive had ecgs before and they have been fine. Afew weeks ago I had to go to drs cos I was having chest pains and he gave me a good physical and said my heart sounded perfectly normal, so was confident that the pains were due to tension in my back. Can they be so sure by a physical check??

Doctors are pretty good these days when it comes to weeding out disorders especially chest pain. A simple ecg/ekg and some other diagnostics will rule out serious heart problems. Doctors are very cautious about this and if there is a concern they will admit you for further tests for sure.

Alessa16
08-10-13, 20:51
I had it because of dehydration. It feels like you are having a heart attack.