PDA

View Full Version : Intrusive thought, I think?

shieldmaiden
03-10-13, 21:32
So, I know I keep coming on here because I keep getting intrusive thoughts about this new kitten me and my roommates got but I've been doing pretty good lately, but then something happened today and I guess I just can't relax about it until I get it out.

Well, anyways, I was taking my shoes off and she was trying to play with my laces, well, sometimes I have to tug on the shoe to get my foot out and when it did so, it came down in a rush and as that happened the cat jumped up and it all happened so suddenly and I had an intrusive thought and I instantly felt anxiety. But it still worries me, like what if I really tried to hit her on the head?

It literally happened so fast, like a split second, and I know I felt anxiety but sometimes I worry that that's not good enough because I had the thought, does that make sense?

Well anyways, I keep trying to remember what my therapist told me and I know that she would tell me that this is my ocd, but when stuff like this happens I just can't relax until I talk about it, I guess..

RATFINK
04-10-13, 14:49
Hi my name is Brian. Your thoughts come in then the anxiety straight away makes you think and believe you were close to acting or thought you did.i suffer from harm ocd also, I get this on and off most of the time. Like! When I get it worst at work I get thought images I,m going to hit out at people. Gets very annoying and horrible to think that you have to stop yourself from acting out. That flash of anxiety makes you think and doubt yourself. If you did hit your cat by accident your anxiety would make you think you did it on purpose, then the depression sets in. The cycle of worry. Hope I helped a little.