PDA

View Full Version : I can't see things changing

nc1218
04-10-13, 01:42
I've suffered with severe anxiety for almost ten years and it makes me so sad when I think about how much it has ruined my life.
I developed anorexia when I was 9 because of it, which thankfully is long gone now, although I was very close to not being here at all due to it.
I had to stop going to school when I was 10 because of a combination of anxiety and anorexia. I tried to go back into education when I was 12 but I couldn't cope with it and for the next few years that I should have been at school, I had a home tutor. I decided when I was 14 that I wanted to do my GCSE's, though I was given the option of doing only four subjects by the school I should've been at. Around this time, I really became interested in television and film and set my heart on becoming a Producer, which meant I would have to go to college at 16. I found the college I wanted to go to, and went to the first open day I could. I needed to get 4 GCSE's to get on the course I wanted, and I was so determined to get them. I'd been sat at home since I was 10, with near enough no friends, and it got me down a lot. Anyway, exam time came around and I had to go into school to sit my exams, which terrified me. The school told me that I could be in a separate room from all the other pupils for the exams. To cut a long story short, they didn't put me in another room for one of my exams, so I had to sit with everybody in my year. I refused to go in for the rest of my exams, because it was pretty harrowing to have been lied to like that, so I ended up with three GCSE's instead of the four I needed. I got told by college that I could still go, but I'd have to go onto a lower level course for a year and then I could go onto the course I actually wanted to do. I wasn't entirely happy, but I knew it was either that or nothing. I managed to go for the first day, which took every bit of determination I had. Basically, I hated it. It was just so stressful and because I didn't really want to be on that course, I couldn't push myself to go again.
So, for the past two years, I've been sat at home again, doing nothing. I have one friend, who was been my friend for 15 years, but we rarely speak now. I haven't seen her for almost two months. She has her own life and I don't really seem to feature in it any more.
I have my mum and my sister, but my mum is at work quite a lot, and my sister lives at her boyfriend's, so I don't really see her that much.
I get very, very lonely. I don't have a life, I just exist and as the weeks and months go by and nothing changes, it's getting more and more depressing. I can't see how my life will ever change. I just wish I had a 'normal' 18 year olds life. I know there's no such thing as normal, but I'd quite like it to be as close as possible.
I'm sorry this has been a really long-winded post, but I feel like there will be someone on here who will understand

AnotherNewYear
06-10-13, 17:18
You can have a 'normal' life with hard work and determination - have you seeked help from your GP ?

ANY

sophieunderscore
06-10-13, 17:23
Hi nc1218, as AnotherNewYear has said, have you been to see your GP about this? You shouldn't have to struggle with these problems on your own. Perhaps you could study something online, my mum has done an online egyptology course and she's made lots of friends through that, some people she has even met up with in real life. As hard as it is, you need to make that push to start creating the life you want, it's not too late, I promise. Your first step needs to be seeking help, book a doctor's appointment, or even get your mum to make it for you xx

nc1218
08-10-13, 16:07
Thanks for the replies. I have been to the GP - they can't do anything for me, other than medication for my anxiety which I refused as I'm very sceptical about it. I've been to child psychologists since I was 9 and had CBT, which never worked. I briefly had schema therapy, which I felt was working but other circumstances in my life meant I had to stop going to my appointments. By the time I could go back I had reached 18 and got moved into adult mental health care, where I was only offered CBT which I refused.
I can't talk to anybody about how I feel. I'm terrible at expressing how I feel in person. Also, I don't feel like I'm depressed enough to be put on medication for it, which probably sounds silly.