PDA

View Full Version : Fear

Ats666
04-10-13, 10:00
Ok this is now getting ridiculous!!! I'm supposed to be going to a meeting and I have convinced myself I will have a heart attack when I am driving so now I can't even bring myself to get in my car to drive an hour away. I thought I was getting better but this week I have gone down hill. Does anyone else experience the fears that stops them doing day to day things? How can I stop them? :(

JustJules
04-10-13, 10:10
Ats666, I used to get terrible panic attacks whilst driving and it would stop me going where I wanted to go. I got over it by putting the fan on really cold, opening the windows and singing something at the top of my voice! Ridiculous but it works. If it's not on the motorway, just do little bits at a time and then stop and start again. You can do it. Also, used to put an elastic band on my wrist and ping it all the time I was anxious and that takes your mind off your panic as it goes to the action you are doing. Good luck.

Ats666
04-10-13, 15:03
Didn't go to the meeting. But I have just come out to the shop and keep getting sharp pain chest only last a second then they go I'm so worried about what it may be. I've been having palpitations daily since April but these have died down over the last week only getting a handful a day. Saw cardiologist last week who didn't see anything on ECG or on physical exam, just so preoccupied with my heart at the minute. I'm supposed to be going away for 2 days next week but so scared something will happen while I'm there and I will never see my kids again. I hate anxiety!!!!!!

kirstyg
04-10-13, 20:59
You are so like me!!! I have googled this and spoke to the docs!! Any sharp pains are anxiety or muscle related. Heart attack and heart related are dull, tight pains that radiates across the whole chest and jaw area. Muscle and anxiety pains are sharp and hit one main spot at a time.
I hope this helped!!
Try breathing in through your nose and out through your mouth slowly. It tells your brain theres nothing to worry about. Also read the page on here about health anxiety. Its helping me loads.
We can get through this xx
:hugs:

tiff123
04-10-13, 21:10
It's v hard to manage isn't it.

I woke up happy today, had a normal morning, then discovered a mouth ulcer (interpreted as cancer / something terrible ofc) then spent the rest of the day googling.

Saw a nurse who wasn't v helpful but did say it was an ulcer... so I just moved my worry about the ulcer to low and about 3 other illnesses to high.

It's mentally exhausting to say the least. I'm shattered now, not surprisingly.

I was meant to be packing up my house as we are moving out in days having sold. Got nothing done, as was in long miserable consulation with dr google. I really hate him and this HA.

greenlady
04-10-13, 21:16
Hope you feel better soon tiff.not had a great day myself today. got IBS and hundreds of thoughts going on in my head.god bless.Gina x

illgetthere
05-10-13, 11:19
I think of this every time I go in my car I had to oh to tam worth with my best friend last Friday wedding dress shopping I thought oh shit how about I have an heart attack at the wheel and kill us both she won't get her wedding day then when she come she said I no what the accident was on junction 10 I said what happend she said a bloke had a heart attack at the wheel they was working on him in the side of the road I thought oh f@*k that a sign how am I ment to go now what will I say to get out of going then I SHOUTED STOP IN MY HEAD STOPPPPPPPPPP I'm going end of if I have heart attack at the wheel nothing I can do about it nothing at all well I'm still here no heart attack as yet touch wood the list of things wrong continue in my mind day in day out tiring to say the least.
Take care
Vicky

Ats666
05-10-13, 11:32
I know it's awful it's something new everyday and you're right it's very tiring. I'm having CBT and counselling but just don't feel like I'm getting anywhere. I really need to get my head sorted as its taking over my life, well it has done for the last year aaaarrrggghhhh damn you anxiety.
Thanks for your replies :hugs: