PDA

View Full Version : Heart or Head?

meche
04-10-13, 10:43
Are you ruled by your heart or your head? I only ask because a situation is arising in my life that may require me to make choices and not necessarily the right ones. There are pros and cons for both outlooks but what it really comes down to is do I listen to my heart or my head. Just curious as to how others make decisions. xx

Speranza
04-10-13, 11:05
I have a HUGE trust in my instincts, with the proviso that I know I'm not infallible. When people ask me this I always say, "I suppose I am ruled by my heart, but my head gets a say in what my heart decides."

I can safely say that while I have probably got lots of decisions 'wrong' (I'm not sure there is such a thing really), I have NEVER regretted turning an opportunity down because I didn't feel comfortable about it. That doesn't mean I have been infalibly right, just that I have sometimes had to make calls and the best way for me is to know that I trusted myself.

bigh123
04-10-13, 18:30
i do what i thinks best and know if it doesn't work out you can always try something elsev

almamatters
04-10-13, 18:41
I would say I am mostly ruled by my heart, I am useless at making difficult decisions and do try the pro's and con's list thing you are supposed to do to help decide. I would hope if it was a life changing decision I would listen to my head more!!

worried 101
04-10-13, 19:05
unfortunately my head often rules but i like to think my true feelings can break through and they definitely come from the heart.

meche
10-10-13, 13:36
Thank you guys. Sorry for the late reply. It's complicated but on this occassion I have to listen to my head. Every part of my being wants to follow my heart but this is a path that can only lead to hurt and consequence for others (myself included) and I can't be responsible for that. To follow my head hurts a little but I have to think long-term. Life can be so confusing and complicated at times :huh:! xx