PDA

View Full Version : i feel so helpless and hopeless

danivsdani
04-10-13, 15:28
i don't know if i can handle this for 3 more days. i can't see anyone til Monday. i feel like to get over this i have to let a part of me die. to just accept that a part of me is dead. that my relationships aren't anything meaningful. this is so tough. i feel like no one has ever felt this way before. even if they have so what? nothing means anything anyway. i'd like any other type of anxiety than existential anxiety. this is the absolute worst.

Moley
04-10-13, 16:09
Please try and hang on in there.

Things will get better but it will take time.

But know that you are not alone

debs71
04-10-13, 16:22
Hi danivsdani,

Try not to think 3 days ahead, just deal with the here and now. You CAN handle this, but think if you can day to day, and not ahead, as that seems like the hardest thing in the world with depression/anxiety. You just have to hang in there, and try not to say that you cannot do it, but that you CAN and you WILL.

I have been where you are know. Lots of us here have too, I'm sure.

When you say you will have to 'let a part of yourself die/accept a part of me is dead', in what way do you mean that? Who are you due to see on Monday? Why do you think your relationships aren't meaningful? Sorry for all of the questions, but I would really like to help and understand what you mean by that.

I am not sure if you are due to see a therapist or have counseling, but I am wondering if that is what you mean...that you have to let go of something of yourself to get through this. I will say this...I have had counselling, and to a certain extent you DO have to accept some things and let go of some things about yourself too, but trust me please when I tell you that is not necessarily a negative, and the only things that you are encouraged to let go of are the things that are not positives in your life, and have led you to the depression and anxiety, or are contributing to the way you are feeling. Also though, nothing that you do in counselling is led by anyone else except YOU. You just get the guidance and direction that you need to see yourself and your issues clearly.

If I am getting the wrong idea of what you meant here, please let me know!

I know anxiety is horrendous, and in the middle of it it is hard to see a way through, but that doesn't mean you have to lose who you are as a person to get through it.

You are in no way alone.x:hugs:

danivsdani
04-10-13, 16:41
thanks you guys so much. these are existential anxieties. i'm afraid to say too much more here as i don't want to influence anyone with my thoughts. i don't want to give anyone ideas that they hadn't had in their heads before.

i'm going to a general physician to get a prescription Monday and counselling Tuesdays and Thursdays