PDA

View Full Version : Work and returning to my old Anxiety

PunkyFish
04-10-13, 19:14
Hello

I've been at my current job for about two and a half months and it seems to be going ok. However the past week or so has really got to me.

I work in a stressful environment on times where there always seems to be a problem. Some of the problems I have to deal with are to be honest pathetic. My stress seems to be slowly increasing but my anxiety has remained ok until today. I currently have started taking medication for an ear infection about a day ago alongside 20mg Propranolol. Yesterday I was ok but today I've felt zoned out, my hearts been racing along with chest pains (which is normal when I have an anxiety spell), I've been nervous and worrying all day (which again is normal when I have an anxiety spell), my hands have been tingling and my body has felt a little bit weak. I'm not sure if its an anxiety spell or the combination of the tablets.

I still feel strange to be honest.

I'm also finding it very difficult to remember things in work i.e how to do certain things. I'm not sure if this could be the Propranolol or whether I have a bad memory. There are times when I fail to notice or pick things up and seem to make a few mistakes. I was wondering if anyone had any advice? and how to deal with workplace anxiety and stress? I done really well since six months or so ago I was made redundant and off work for a few months which I slowly became depressed.

Thanks. :D

theharvestmouse
05-10-13, 09:14
Could be the two medications making you feel worse, could you not take time off work sick until the ear infection has cleared up?