PDA

View Full Version : take this advice

Mr m anxious
04-10-13, 21:23
Hi all Not been on here for a while, I didn't think it was possible but I'm pretty much anxiety free now. I've had lots of symptoms all of which I didn't believe was anxiety at first but they all was. How do I know, well they've all gone apart from my aching shoulder which I expect is going to take a long time to heal as the trap muscles are impossible to rest, oh by the way this got damaged due to holding my shoulders up when I was stressed as you all know this can happen subconsciously. My advice is to get your favourite music on your phone and walk everyday with headphones on. You wouldn't believe how much better you feel but the most important thing is to believe your doctor trust me they know all about anxiety and the difference between real issues. Me personally have not looked back since being given the all clear by the neurologist. Go for a run then ask yourself " why am I still alive" well the snswer6 is your heart is fine. Pins and needles anyone? Well believe me it's stress not a neurological disease, you would feel completely different if it was. Cancer anyone? doctors, scans had? Doctor says it's anxiety? Well that's because it is. I really hope this helps and you can get your life back, good luck everyone.

kirstyg
05-10-13, 07:14
Thank you for that inspiratonal post. I have suffered heart anxiety since december when i woke with severe chest pains and was rushed to hospital. Not a heart attack but an allerguc reaction to tramadol!
It was so scary that my brain has decided that every twitch or discomfort brings on an anxiety attack.
I di believe the docs and i fully understand its anxiety butcwhen your brains rational side doesnt move as fast as the irrational panicky side its sometimes hard to control.
Im much better than i was but still have a long way to go. Exercise is tghe best thing to do but how do you break through the barrier to do it? I feel so light headed and dizzy like im going to fall or pass out when im anxious .
I woke up with chest discomfort today but so far im managing not to turn it into something its not. Very very hard as the anxiety is there like a caged animal waiting to escape.
Kirsty

Mr m anxious
06-10-13, 23:39
Thanks for reply kirsty, there's no denying it, it's hard but you have to keep ignoring any symptoms you have. What worked for me was an intense massage which was painful so I thought if I I can survive this then I I can cope with anything physical so my symptoms became insignificant after a while, I know it sounds difficult going through pain to feel better but boy it helps your confidence.
Good luck and please try taking my advice no matter how odd it sounds.

Barnabas75
06-10-13, 23:45
Great to read something positive and that you are doing well.Its encouraging.Thank you for taking the time to share it.

Manojpersie
04-10-17, 18:53
Wow.... inspiration speech. ..i toooo had panic attck many times in thethre ,mall etc......