PDA

View Full Version : Ven + mirtazapine combo

happyends
04-10-13, 23:25
Hi all.

Suffering with GAD, Panic Disorder, O.C.D and Agoraphobia.

Have been on mirt for about 2 years, no real improvement on my anxiety/panic attacks. 3 months ago saw a new pdoc who tried me out on Pregabalin and then Buspar, both with no success. Have since changed pdocs and he has just prescribed me 75 mg Venlafaxine to take with my 30 mg mirt, he has scripted me 2 mg diazepam to take 3 times a day for 2 weeks as I told him a few horror stories that I had researched about ven side effects. Has anyone else been on this combo? I hear they call it "californian Rocket Fuel" most anti d's that I try are very activating with me, sends my anxiety through the roof so much that I tend to not be on them very long.

Any advice welcomed :)

happyends
11-10-13, 19:34
No replies!!!!????

Pipkin
11-10-13, 21:08
Hi there,

I know most people on here who are on venlafaxine and I don't know any that also take mirtazapine. I guess that's why you've not had any replies.

Sorry I can't help

Pip

Tony52
11-10-13, 23:16
I have been on Ven twice that worked great for me.
3rd time over a year didn't work this time and put me on mert.
Felt better straight away but definately did not take ven and mert at the same time.
Talk to your GP about it.

shadowstriker
15-10-13, 09:58
My dr is going to put me on that combo in 3 weeks once I have adjusted to the dose of venlafaxine I'm on (150mg) I think only consultants can do that it's given out to people who have not responded to 1 antidepressant alone my dr was saying the mirtazapine may also help with the sexual side effects of the venlafaxine in regards to the venlafaxine if it does make you more on edge your dr can switch it to a slow release form my dr has just switched mine hope it eases off for me.

TRISTAN
08-12-13, 14:11
I was on 225 ven and 15 mg mirtaz for 13 weeks an had no joy so now being changed to citalipram but I guess everyone is different , good luck

shadowstriker
08-12-13, 21:46
yeah doesn't do anything for me either

fishman65
08-12-13, 22:17
Hi Happyends,

I'm on this combination.I've been taking mirtazapine since about Feb 2012,I was on seroxat at that time too.I was getting anxiety still at that point so my doc took me off the seroxat and started me on the venlafaxine early this year.So I'm on mirt 45mg and ven 300mg now.I find the depression is not so bad these days but its doing very little for the anxiety,I'm going through a nasty spell right now.I've noticed that if I see something on the TV or in real life that is emotional,I get 'chills' that are very exaggerated compared to how it used to be.I get goosebumps and the shivers.The ven doesn't seem to be a sedative anti-dep in the least,in my case anyway.

Andrea2607
08-12-13, 23:34
Hi I'm on 225mg ven, 15mg mert, 200mg pregabalin and 200mg Quetiapine for GAD, anxiety, insomnia, and depression I think I may be bi-polar but when I suggested this to my doctor he said I had the 'markers' of bi-polar but not sure what he meant.